Please Review / Product Manager - Promise

Hi everyone,

Please kindly advice with the application.

Background:

Product Manager with previous career, but just under 5 years in the new field. Developing product for RetailTech company for global market clients. Also was a director of a country office responsible for Product Development with with tens employees.
In 2022 I applied for the Leader but got rejected. Lack of public presence and awards was the weakest part of my application, as well as no super strong evidences required for Leader. Now doing second attempt for Promise category adjusting my application respectively.

List of evidences so far:

MC1 - showing recognition as having the potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field in the last 5 years

1. LOR-1 - the Director of the company I worked - describing my skills and achievements, innovations and impact for organisation and market. Also endorsing my leaderships in the country product development office creation.
  2. LOR-2 - the Senior Director of the largest global retail company who was a client endorsing my impact to the company, etc.
  3. LOR-3 - C-level person previously from the Venture fund who invested and acquired my technologies and followed further achievement along my career. He’s now C-level of a big Fintech company.

OC1 - How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?

1. Product Overview - pdf with a brief explanation of the Product, it’s innovative component, + media coverage of the product, Youtube reviews, article in forbes, customer showcases, and photos of me with the Product (yes, it has physical form). 3 pages total.

2. Product Portfolio - pdf document explaining products, my skills, and achievement in a visually pleasing manner. 4 products total led by me in that portfolio. 5 pages total.

3. LoR-1 + LoR-2

4. Articles written by me for a corporate blog and Corporate LinkedIn - 1 page doc with 10 links inside.

5. Proof of partnerships - 1 page document describing partnerships I established evidenced by LoR-1.

OC3 - How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company

1. LOR-3

2. Product Traction - 3 page document with snapshots of customer requests and conversations from customers (Unable to add contracts due to commercial limitations)

3. Exempts from the Public registers and internal documents evidencing my Senior role and leadership of the company, with a profit/loss statement.

4. Product Management process examples and overview - 3 pages showcasing how I did feature product planning and feature developments including diagrams, flows, etc.

5. New Product Discovery - 3 pages of snapshots of my personal wiki working on a new product with a potential starting a new company in UK. Research, Features, Architecture, etc.

@Francisca_Chiedu @Afolabi @alexnk @mojisolao @May @tundeph @ask4jubad
Please your opinion is much appreciated!

Thank you for your time and efforts!

With the given documents you provided, you may have a change of getting endorsed for a promise, but you may need to revise your documents, and add more if you have more time.

MC
-You rely too much on LOR. LOR is just a good reference, but it is not a main evidence for you. Do switch your documents around to fit your MC criterions.

OC1:

• your Product overview should add how you are involved in the product development, for example, email snapshots of your work/conversation/report with the project in detail level.
  • you Product portfolio should also state how you led the 4 projects. Otherwise, this will be a supporting document for the previous doc.
  • Articles and proof of partnership may lack of strong evidence to show your involvement in innovation.

OC3:

• Ensure that your documents show a report with figures and numbers, together with proof to demonstrate your involvement on the products.

I hope this helps @Nico

I don’t advice you use your LOR for your MC. If you want to use reference letters, i advice you get new reference letters as opposed to using your LOR’s. Then perhaps you could add other evidence.