My Background:
Exceptional Talent Route
Product Manager
Founded four tech startups between 2010 - 2013
Led a digital tech product in an Int’l Ngo 2018-2020
Contributed/Product Managed an EdTech Startup 2021-2022
Relocated to the UK 2022 on a Skilled Worker Visa

Mandatory Criteria:

1. You led the growth of a non-profit organisation or social enterprise with a specific focus on the digital technology sector, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.
  • Reference Letter from NGO’s Program Manager
  • Evidence of the web application built to connect all the members and benefiaries of the organization together
  • Evidence of the direct impact programs to young launched from the web app
  • Evidence of the radio program launched on a national radio service to promote digital technology
  • Relevant links on social media, news outlets etc.
  1. Outside of your normal day-to-day job role, you established, led or were a senior contributor to a large technology-led industry initiative, evidenced through reference letter(s) from global senior project executives.
  • Reference Letter from Chief Executive of Startup
  • Employment Letter/Contract
  • Evidence of Impact of work

OP 3
They have made a significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?

• Evidence of the establishment of two out of the four startups 2010-2013
  • Evidence of Impact of the startups
  • Reference Letter

OP 2
They have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

• Evidence of Initiating a tech focused summer bootcamp for students
  • Media Links
  • Reference Letter

Having said all these, what do you think about my approach. All suggestions are kindly welcomed.

Hi @metateey,

For the mandatory criteria option 2 -
When you say employement contract, usually it is considered as your day to day job, instead if you have done out of your normal job to build/improve digital tech it gives you more weightage. So basically you have done/contributed non commercially for the tech initiative projects. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you this. Never saw it that way until you pointed it out. Thank you again

Please must the reference letter be on a letterhead?

Yes its advisable to use letter head, if they are sending you the soft copy, please attach email screenshot which shows their official email id and yours and the attachments, generally it helps with genuineness of the letter.

Happy to help if you have any questions

1 Like

@Connect Looking at my mandatory criteria, is it okay I submit both number one and two?

Hi @metateey,

Yes i submitted similar evidences, general comment

I made sure to include how they approached me, it could be conference/ tech incubator / digital tech show/, etc… where startups/ngos looking for experts like us to help with their digital ecosystem. And what made you help them( because of…) You can add that in the reference letter. As i said these things i have done out of my normal duties as product manager for the company I’m working for (so basically it will be non commercial support)

Points to remember,

Include : how they approached you and why
Why you inclined towards helping them
What impact it had
Metrics
Reach and where are they now.

Few points covering these things will help you to cover overall requirements for the evidences.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you for your guidance.

Now, I was going to use my dissolved startups for OC3 but this happened more than 5 years ago.

I have a more recent experience that fits the criteria, which was a proposed national educational upgrade program.

My concern is this program didn’t come to limelight, because of government politics. But all was set including the pilot.

I was the assistant program manager for the program also.

Do you think I can go ahead and submit the necessary evidences for this?

Hi @metateey,

I will be cautious about using those. If it was still running thats a different story, but if you are planning to use startups established between 2010 to 2013 you need to provide verifible links /archives, what went wrong, lessons learnt, your career post moving from founder… Etc bit tricky

1 Like

So do you think the other evidence will suffice?

Hi @metateey,

Yes looks promising. Make sure you ace the personal statement and update your online profiles (LinkedIn, verifible links) CV (rather than keeping it general roles and responsibilities, its an opportunity to add your impact and novel solutions you worked on… Always remember to show in measurable manner-like eg i added details like the product increased makert presence X%, with revenues genereting X%, user base increased from X to X,)

All the best

1 Like

Evidence related to the four tech startups you founded between 2010 - 2013 are outdated. Tech nation only considers achievements within the last five years.

Mandatory criteria,

1. is large technology-led industry initiative related to your day job? Ca you explain the type of project?
    for the optioNal criteria, you need at leat 2 unique evidence.

The initiative is not related to my daily job. It’s a Edtech startup that has now won continental awards and funding. My role is voluntary but executive.

Do you mean two unique evidences for each optional criteria?

Hi @metateey

How did it go?

Hi, I have not applied. I’ve been going through recent applications and I’m not convinced the process is undergoing a fair scrutiny

1 Like