Please rate my profile

I am planning to submit a tech nation application and I would be grateful if anyone to rates my profile and advises. I am applying for the Exceptional promise route.

Personal Docs:

1. Personal Statement
  2. Personal CV stating all works and projects. - 3 years working as a software developer

Recommendation Letters:

1. Developer Team Lead at of UK big finance company
  2. CEO of a tech startup company previously endorsed by Tech Nation
  3. CEO of multiple startup companies

Mandatory requirement

1. 3 pages showing award from the international hackathon and open-source project that won the awards, also blog post featuring the project.
  2. 3 pages showing award from the second international hackathon and open-source project that won the awards, also blog post featuring the project.
  3. 3 pages showing award from the third local hackathon and project that won the awards, also social media articles post featuring the project and announcement.

Optional requirements

Option 2:

1. Open source project with 200 downloads on nuget.org. Project impact will be described in the statement of purpose
  2. Open source project contribution to fintech project used by a bank in the UK
  3. Open source project that won hackathon mentioned in mandatory criteria.

Option 3:

1. Contract showing work completed for a year for a local company. Letter from developer team lead of company stating technical contribution.
  2. Contract showing work complete for 3 months for a local company. Letter from developer team lead of company stating technical contribution.
  3. Letter from senior work colleague stating contribution towards projects.

Hi pete,

You are clearly a promising talent, with recognition of both external hackathon and open source project, as well as internal work.

Can you make it more explicit which criteria are you hitting?

I also used something to show continuous learning. It seems you are focusing on some hard-core criterias.

Regards
Steven

Hi Steve. Thanks for the feedback. Am going for these three criteria

Mandatory: 1) How do I demonstrate that I have been (or have the potential to be) recognized as a leading talent in the digital technology sector?

• You have received nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.

Option 2: 2) How do I demonstrate that I have been recognized for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

• Evidence of contributions to an Open Source project
  • Your GitHub profile demonstrating active participation in a collaborative project

Option 3: 3) How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, or employee of a product-led digital technology company**?**

• Having worked as a key engineer in the core product of a start-up, showing evidence as to how you have contributed to its success.

I received my endorsement for Exceptional Promise today. Posting this to help anyone who wants to apply. These are the final docs(the first comment shows the initial docs I wanted to go with but updated to this). This forum was very helpful in this process and thanks to all the contributions. Stage 2 next!

Personal Docs:

1. Personal Statement
  2. Personal CV stating all works and projects. - 3 years working as a software developer

Recommendation Letters:

1. Director of UK software company
  2. CTO of the company where I work
  3. University Professor who supervised my Masters’s program.

Mandatory requirement

1. pages showing awards from the international hackathon and open-source project that won the awards, also blog post featuring the project.
  2. pages showing award from the second international hackathon
  3. pages showing award from the third local hackathon and project that won the awards, also social media articles post featuring the project and announcement.

Optional requirements

Option 2:

1. Open source project with 200 downloads on nuget.org . Project impact will be described in the statement of purpose
  2. Open source project contribution to fintech project used by a bank in the UK
  3. Open source project that won in the second hackathon mentioned in mandatory criteria.

Option 3:

1. Open source project that won in the first hackathon mentioned in mandatory criteria.
  2. Letter from senior work colleague stating contribution towards projects.
2 Likes

@pete_rock Congratulations Pete, best of luck in your stage2 application.

1 Like

Congrats… @pete_rock

1 Like

Hi, @pete_rock congrats on your endorsement :tada:

@pete_rock @steven4320555 any idea if the collaborative project for Your GitHub profile demonstrating active participation in a collaborative project needs to be open-sourced? From the overall theme of the optional criteria 2, it looks like it should but I am not sure. Any idea?

Hi @Pratik all my collaborative projects I submitted were open source projects and just to add not very popular to be honest. I think as long as you can show a GitHub project and explain in your personal statement the relevance and impact it doesn’t really matter if it’s open source or not. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @pete_rock. I’d like to ask a question about hackathons. I attended many hackathons and I won some prizes. Most of them aren’t mentioned in any news but I have my photos holding my prizes on the stage. I wonder if it might be a sufficient evidence. Do you have any case like that? Did you provide any documents alogside the prizes?

Hi @acerbastimur. For one of my hackathons I showed a blog post written by the company and also the email of the actual cash prize. For the other hackathon I showed a series of pictures with captions. I explained the impact of both hackathons and the benefit if I am endorsed in my personal statement. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, Pete. That was really helpful.

Fantastic, you are super helpful! Thanks a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@pete_rock please can I get to see a copy of your CV, I will like to use it as a base since you got endorse.