Please rate my profile for Exceptional Promise

Australian working in Tech as a Project Manager since 2018.

Mandatory Criteria

Show they have been recognised as having potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field in the last 5 years.

3 Referral Letters

• CEO/Founder of a startup I worked for in Sydney, Australia
  • VP of a startup I worked for in Sydney, Australia (Same company as above)
  • Senior Manager within a specific department of a large global tech company
  • Linkedin profiles included for all three referral letters

High Salary/Remuneration

• Employment contract
  • Over 150,000 AUD annual compensation at a Fintech startup which includes equity and bonus
  • Glassdoor screenshot showing I earn higher than average salary for my position
  • Google Patents document showing that the company I work for has patents
  • I was just hired at this specific company one month ago. Not sure if this will be a problem.

History of earnings

• Employment contracts over the last four years
  • Shows substantial increases in salary over the last four years

***I’ve included three optional criteria below. I know only two are required, but I’m not sure which ones are stronger **

Optional Criteria #1
At least 1 example of innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept

Internal Company Product

• Describing an internal software product that I was the project manager for
  • Google Patents documents patented from someone not within the organisation showing that the functionality is a new digital concept
  • Supporting referral letter from a Senior Manager at the company talking about the product

Optional Criteria #3
At least 1 example of significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company

Utilize Website Design

• The first company I worked for provided websites to customers. Described a website I built and how the design was replicated for other customers. Saved the company time and resources.

• Supporting referral letter from a company founder and former colleague at this company who talks about the design and how it saved the company time and allowed for delivery of high quality products to customers.

Broadened Product Compatibility

• Conducted product research to find options to make our product more compatible with other tools
  • Broadened our product’s compatibility by leveraging a third-party tool
  • Supporting referral letter from a VP at the company talking about the update to our product

Optional Criteria #4
At least 1 example of exceptional ability in the field by academic contributions through research endorsed by an expert.

Master’s Paper

• Research Paper for my Master’s in Cybersecurity
  • Screenshot of an email acknowledgement from my Professor commending the paper
  • Google Scholar Profile of the Professor showing that the Professor is a researcher with publications
  • This paper was not published

Bachelor’s Presentation

• Powerpoint slides screenshots of a Fintech Presentation I gave for my Bachelor’s degree
  • Google Scholar Profile showing that the Professor that supervised the presentation is a researcher with publications
  • I do not have recordings/flyers for the above presentation, just the slides.

I suggest you read the tech nation guide. As it stands you do not have strong evidence. Apart from high salary, how do you show proof that you are a potential leader?
You bachelor and masters project can’t be used to evidence optional criteria 4.

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu - Thanks for the information.

I have read the Tech Nation guide pretty extensively, and looked at the examples.

In terms of proof that I’m a potential leader apart from high salary, my referral letters speak pretty in depth on that in terms of how I lead teams, initiatives, and product development within my company.

Optional Criteria #1 (Innovation) and Optional Criteria #3 (Impact) don’t require that you prove leadership per the Tech Nation Visa guide. It seems they require proof of innovation and impact, respectively.

I have chosen not to use Optional Criteria #2 (Speaking, Mentorship, etc.), if that is what you’re referring to.

Ok, thanks for confirming Optional Criteria #4 won’t work, I can get rid of that one.

1 Like

Reference letters are not enough.

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu -

It says on the Tech Nation Visa Guide -

You led the growth of a product-led digital technology company, product or team inside a digital technology company, as evidenced by reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your work, or as evidenced by news clippings, lines of code from public repos or similar evidence.

The only part of the visa guide that says letters of reference alone are not sufficient is under Optional Criteria #2 (work recognition outside of immediate occupation).

This is also mentioned in the visa guide change log -

Clarified for Optional Criteria regarding mentoring, that Letters of Reference alone are not sufficient evidence.

1 Like

I have responded based on the feedback of applicants whose applications were not endorsed. If you search through post on rejected applications you will see that reference letter and salary evidence are not your strongest evidence. You need to show that you are recognized to be at the forefront of your respective field. Also do you have a strong public profile that confirms things written in your reference letter?

1 Like

@Francisca_Chiedu - Ok, thanks.

When you say strong public profile, would a well developed Linkedin profile be good?

I have a Linkedin profile detailing all
of my career experience, it is well written, detailed, and shows recommendations from my co workers on my profile.

Other than Linkedin, I don’t have a public profile.

1 Like

I want to clarify two points.

1. Project manager roles are explicityl excluded from global talent.
  2. Leading teams also excluded.

You need to modiy your evidences to match their guide.

2 Likes

You need external validation. Anyway, what you have shared definitely needs to be strengthen, you don’t have evidence that shows your contribution to the sector. Regardless of which optional criteria you should, try to show how you have contributed to the advancement of the sector.

1 Like

@Arsshad - Thanks for the information.

Where does it say project managers are excluded?

1 Like

2 Likes

Pls can you clarify if this is the same as …contributed to the advancement of the company one worked with
Thank you

Your contribution to the advancement of the sector is often work outside your immediate employment.