Hello! Here is what I am going to submit to tech nation; I am also not sure whether I should submit my application to talent or promise, so looking for your advice
Timeline of my studies, my work experience, and my startup experience. In the end, I describe why I should come to the UK
Work experience ~4 years, awards, blog posts, and open-source contributions.
Letters of recommendation
- US, co-founder of a billion-dollar startup, worked as CTO in multiple companies, we work together on a startup - He describes work experience with me and my strengths and also tells why I should get a UK talent visa.
- US, CEO and Founder of a large retail company - I lead the project of a Machine Learning forecasting dashboard for them. He describes my work and tells why I should get a UK talent visa.
- UK, CTO of a Virtual Reality company - I worked with his company on a virtual reality project and helped integrate Machine Learning into their startup. He tells about the work with me and why it is important for me to get a UK talent visa
- Russia, one of the investors of my company, Founder of a large IT copmpany - he describes me as a company leader and tells how I will contribute to UK machine learning field.
- US, university professor, chair of the physics department - he describes my open source contributions and how they help researchers and Machine Learning developers in the field
Outside of your normal day-to-day job role, you led or were a significant contributor to a substantial open source project, as evidenced from compilation of code commit summaries, repo stars or similar metrics such as download statistics, where possible.
- Open Source repository - 160 stars, 40 forks, 13k visits, on first pages of google for this specific topic + repository mentions in social media.
- Open Source repository - 143 stars, 11 forks, 12k visits, 16k downloads of the library, on first pages of google for this specific topic + repository mentions in social media
You have received nationally or internationally recognised prizes or awards for excellence specifically in the digital technology sector, as evidenced by the award itself, reference letter(s) from leading industry expert(s) describing your achievement, or as evidenced by news clippings or similar evidence.
- 1st place in the worldwide Machine Learning competition - 1st out of 2000 participants from different countries, large cash price, screenshots of solution, and mentions from other participants
- 4th place in the worldwide Machine Learning competition - 4th out of 300 participants from different countries, cash price, screenshots of the solution, and mentions from other participants
- 6th place in 2020, and 2021 in International Data Science Olympiad - 6th twice out of more than 1000 participants from different countries, screenshots and repositories of the solution, the letter from organizers
How do I demonstrate that I have been recognized for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?
- 2 small GitHub repositories with 20-30 stars on each one, a letter from a person in a machine learning field who uses repositories and is really grateful for my contributions.
- 3-5 blogposts with 13-40k views on each one and first places on google search.
How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?
- Description of my contribution to the work of BEIS department of England, while I was working at one of the companies as Machine Learning Engineer. Letter from my Lead Engineer about working with me and my contribution. We managed to increase significantly the speed of document search and classification in the department
- Description of my work at my small US startup + revenue numbers + letter describing our work from one of the clients