Please kindly help and review my application checklist

Greetings Everyone, I am preparing for applying for the GTV exceptional promise route. I’m a data scientist and working with an health-tech Start-up company building a unified platform for health service providers and healthcare consumers.

1. Personal Statement
    Which tells the story of how I stumbled into tech in the beginning, starting from my life as an undergraduate during Students industrial work experience scheme. How I freelanced after being self-taught in some discipline (data analysis) to volunteering experience and my work experience in different fields like health tech, edu tech, In the end, I stated an opportunity in Fin-tech. My versitility in experience and my hunger for growth in the tech ecosystem as a whole. The opportunity and contributions I offer to the UK tech ecosystem.

2. CV
    Selected work experience ~4 years, selected volunteering experience, studied BSc Statistics and PGDM management.

3. Recommendations: there’s a brief introduction for all

a) LOR 1:: Founder/CEO of First EdTech in Northern Nigeria with high public profile (National), company A were I worked. A LinkedIn profile link instead of CV

b) LOR 2:: Former CEO Health-tech Company in Nigeria has a nationally recognized profile, where I worked at company B. Currently Head of Growth in Fin-tech Company in Nigeria. A LinkedIn profile link instead of CV and Wikipedia article and other links.

c) LOR 3: Founder Tech NGO in Nigeria which has both national and international recognition, where I worked at organisation C. As well as a Co-founder of a Fin-Tech Company in Nigeria. A LinkedIn profile link instead of CV and Wikipedia article and other links.

1. Mandatory Criteria:

a) A reference letter from my former CEO health-tech company B (LOR 2) and a brief cover letter introduction what I did as an employee She witnessed ho is the now the Head of Growth in Fin-tech Company which included the company letter head, signature, contact details and linkedin profile and other relevant links of her.

b) Reference letter from my Founder Tech NGO organisation C (LOR 3) /Cofounder Fin-tech Company who have both local and international recognition as well as mentioned what I did that he witnessed and achievements overtime which included the company letter head, signature, contact details and linkedin profile and other relevant links of him.

c) Reference letter from a Co-founder of a Blockchain Company and Google Developer Lead national recognition as well as mentions of what I did that he witnessed during IWD events, GDG events where I was a speaker and invitation which include the event size and attendance. included the company letter head, signature, contact details and linkedin profile and other relevant links of him.

d) A document showing my current offer of employment which includes housing allowance, transport allowance, medical allowance etc. I used payscale and salary.com salary comparison tool as reference and compared them to the highest salaries for my role in nigeria and was able to convert the currency based on CBN standard using the trade monitoring systems to pounds as instructed by the tech nation guide.

e) Certification as a certified data scientist and other related information and evidence of student I taught/mentored during NYSC become excellent student in university (transcript) and pictures.

1. Optional Criteria 2: Contributions Outside of Work

a) A reference letter from GDG Lead with pictures, screenshots for Program of events sent via email and invitation letter as well as eflier as the IWD speaker.

b) Links for newspaper editorial on an entrepreneur conference I organised for startups and small businesses. Pictures of me speaking on stage, screenshot of twitter posts stating significance of the program.

c) A reference letter from Co-founder Fin-Tech company in Nigeria and Estonia which I am a volunteer where my contribution made an impact on the percentages of growing subcribers, new strategies on user retention/relationships. A company letter head, signature, contact details and linkedin profile and other relevant links of him.

1. Optional Criteria 3: Contributions and Impact

a) Repeated same offer of employment evidence I provided in Mandatory Criteria 4.

b) A reference letter from my current employer CEO health-tech company D and a brief cover letter narrating significant contribution which included the company letter head, signature, contact details and linkedin profile and other relevant links of him.

c) Additional documentation of a new concept of digital health information management system in Nigeria.

Please kindly help and review :pray::pray::pray:

@Maya @Francisca_Chiedu @Victrr
@westside @Tamil_Selvan @floridaman @Ibukunoluwa @Abdulkareem_Basit @somdipdey @Yusuf_Adebanjo

Aside the article of the event you organised. Most of your evidence ate letters.

3 Likes

Please can you advice on what i can add up to boost my current evidences.

there are examples in the tech nation guide

3 Likes

@Nafeesah As pointed out by @Francisca_Chiedu that your evidences are mostly based on references/recommendation and often times the GTV case officer rejects endorsement mentioning that not enough evidences provided outside LORs. You need to find a balance of evidences that consist of LORs, online (publicly accessible) links, news articles, etc.

You can take a look at how I arranged my evidences to get some ideas: This is how I got my Endorsement for Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Talent Route (AI/ML Researcher)

But do go through this Forum as there are many successful applicants who have shared their cases as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for your response is well understood. I will go through your format for clarity. Thank you I really appreciate.

@Nafeesah As pointed out by others, try to avoid having to many reference letters. If letters is all you’ve got then it’s all you’ve got so you’ll probably have to work with what you have. Explore options.

One thing to note though is that what is said in the reference letters about your impact and achievements carries more weight. So make sure the letters focus on the unique impact you have made. I believe you’ve done this already.

To me this looks like a good fit for mandatory (leadership) criteria as well.

Seems you have 11 documents instead of 10 for mandatory, optional criteria 2, and optional criteria 3.

For optional criteria c), is this something that shows your own personal work? Key is to show work you have done personally.

1 Like

Another thing: take the time to study profiles that got accepted and especially those that got rejected for promise route. It also won’t hurt if you study exceptional profiles as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I am currently trying to add up some screenshots of details of work I personally did, the exact part I handled, though it’s a team work but my own part.
And other links and screenshots of details I can get my hands on.