Please I would like a review of my evidence for an endorsement

Hello everyone. Please I would like a review of my documents as I want to apply for the Global Talent Visa under exceptional promise.

I am a Software Engineer with over 3 - 4 years of experience.

The pieces of documents I have are:

1. My Resume
  2. 3 Recommendation letters from industry experts who know my work
    i. A CEO of a company which due to contribution helped was raise over $200,000
    ii. A CEO of a company where I was a founding software engineering, where i help the company from 500 to over 6000 users.
    iii. A CEO of company I worked for.
  3. My Statement of Purpose

Mandatory Criteria:

1. Second position in hackathon held by Fitch Ratings & AWS
  2. Runner position in hackathon held by cloud security company with over 500 participant worldwide
  3. First position at hackathon held among university students
  4. Recommendation Letter from the CEO of a company where I built a software that saves them over $50000/year in licensing fee for their old software
  5. A Blog from cloud security company about the hackathon result

Optional Criteria 2

1. My youtube channel of 2k subs
  2. Letter of recommendation from an organization I mentor and give lectures to students
  3. Mentorship certificate
  4. React npm package
  5. Contribution to npm for paystack payment

Optional Criteria 3

1. Evidence of my contribution to Company A / LOR 1
  2. Evidence of my contribution to Company B / LOR 2

Please I would like a review, thank you.

@Francisca_Chiedu @alexnk @May @hsafra

Your mandatory criteria is mostly about your Hackathon participation, recent application feedback suggests that Hackathons are not strong enough to proof evidence of leadership. Evidence, 1,2 and 3 of the mandatory criteria can be used as one evidence. Evidence 4 is fine as long as it is well written and confirms you led product with impactful metrics.

Optional criteria 2

1. LinkedIn channel of 2k subscription may be considered small. What is the actual evidence, what is the channel about, do you have contents with significant view ship in tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands?
  2. Evidence 2 and 3 are the same evidence, it should be merged. You also need to demonstrate that the mentorship is a structured programme. Confirm how mentors were selected, a reference letter from the organiser can also confirm this
    3 I also think evidence 3 and 4 are related and should be merged as same evidence. Is this an opensource project with substantial contribution?

OC3

Are the evidence of contributions also supported with a letter or it is just only reference letters.

You can separate on of the reference letter as a single evidence with metrics that show the impact of your work

Thank you very much for you review @Francisca_Chiedu.

So my youtube channel is tutorial base channel where i teach people about how to code by build projects. I have over 30 videos with viewership ranging between 1k-15k. I have also been featured on Freecodecamp channel too. The evidence will be taking making screenshot of the channel metrics and the comment of the people have benefitted.

Also in the opensource project i had a substantial contribution writting over 30% of the code for paystack one and the 100% of the code for the react component npm package

About the OC3 question, yes the evidence of contribution is the same as the reference letter for the LOR. Do you recommend i use a different evidence such as my contribution to their codebase such as clip of my github/bitbucket contribution instead?

so this is how my evidence will look like after implementing the changes you suggested

Mandatory Criteria:

1. Second position in hackathon held by Fitch Ratings & AWS , Runner position in hackathon held by cloud security company with over 500 participant worldwide, First position at hackathon held among university students
  2. Recommendation Letter from the CEO of a company where I built a software that saves them over $50000/year in licensing fee for their old software
  3. A Blog from cloud security company about the hackathon result

Optional Criteria 2

1. My youtube channel of 2k subs
  2. Letter of recommendation from an organization I mentor and give lectures to students, Mentorship certificate
  3. React npm package and Contribution to npm for paystack payment

Optional Criteria 3

1. Evidence of my contribution to Company A / LOR 1
  2. Evidence of my contribution to Company B / LOR 2

what do you think about it please?

@alexnk @May @hsafra

Do you mean a reference letter from the CEO for the Mandatory criteria? I suggest including evidence of how you built the software. This could be a compilation of code commits. Regarding OC2, which focuses on recognition outside daily work activities, your YouTube channel might not be sufficient for this criterion. Consider using clips of your GitHub contributions for OC3, especially if you were a significant contributor.