Please help review Software Engineer application for Exceptional Promise

Hi everyone!

I am Toni. I’m currently collating my evidence(s?) for the GTV as an exceptional promise

Could you please review my evidence? I’d appreciate any help you can provide.

Letter of Recommendations

1. CEO/CTO of Company A (Current Company) [Blockchain & Crypto Sector]
  2. CEO of Company B (Previous Company) [Telecommunications & Health Sector]
  3. CEO of Company C (Active Contract > 2 years) [Financial technology & AML Sector] UK Based

Evidences

• Mandatory Criteria

1. Significant contributor to a substantial open-source project
      • Golang pkg with 80 +stars
      • Screenshots of Github commits to repo
      • Screenshot of Tweet with much traction when the package was launched.
      • Links to Github repositories showing open-source similar packages in other languages that were
        built on the inspiration of this.
    2. Evidence of speaking at an event for your particular field in the digital technology sector
      The event was virtual as this was during the pandemic and had over 150 participants.
      • Screenshots of Fliers showing myself as a speaker
      • Attached link to the event website
      • Screenshot of other speakers from companies like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, etc.
      • Highlighting the sponsors of the event such as Github, Udemy
      • Screenshot of PowerPoint slides
    3. Letter from Cofounder of Fintech and Global talent visa recipient (worked on open source project
      together)
      • Reference letter from the co-founder of a fintech that was recently acquired.
    4. Evidence of Employment Contract + Historical Earnings (Company A) [Current Company]
      • Screenshot of Employment Contract
      • Evidence of 5 salary increments within 2 years
    • Screenshots of emails highlighting personal performance and achievements as reasons for salary
      raise.
  • Optional Criteria 2

1. Letter of Reference from the Event Organizer

• Letter of reference from the event I spoke at in MC 2
    2. Evidence of Command of high salary

• Described Key products I’ve built at Company A
      • Attached screenshots from Glassdoor highlighting my salary as high.
      • Attached screenshots of employment contract
      • Attached screenshots of email HR team highlighting the recent promotion to senior-level
    3. Github Profile Highlighting participating in collaborative Projects

• Attached screenshot of the GitHub Profile with over 2,500 contributions in the last year
      • Attached screenshot showing me as the #1 contributor on some of Company A’s private repositories.
      • Screenshot and Link to code snippet to an open-source repository
      • Links to Public SDKs on GitHub I built for Company A’s products
  • Optional Criteria 3

1. Letter of Reference (COO) [Company A]
    2. Technical Contribution to Company A’s products
      • Screenshots of Architectural diagrams and Schema’s
      • Screenshots of documentation I wrote
      • Screenshots of User Flow journey I created
    3. Evidence of Contribution to Open Source Project + Medium Article
      • Attached Link to Repo
      • Described Project and the link to Medium
      • Screenshot showing article has close to 1000 reads
      • Attached screenshot of code snippets

OC2-1: you can’t use the same evidence for multiple criteria. You’re using the same event for MC 2

OC2-2: High salary belong to MC

I think you have some strong evidence. However, you need to note that you can’t repeat evidence. If you have two speaking events, you can use one for MC and another for OC2. I also hope the opensource project you are referring to in MC, OC2 and OC3 are separate projects. Also endure the evidence are not recent and you are not using the same reference letter to evidence more than one criterion.

Hi @hsafra, Good day. Thank you for the feedback.

‘OC2-1: you can’t use the same evidence for multiple criteria. You’re using the same event for MC 2’

• For the MC 2, I collated “evidence of speaking at an event” such as the fliers, slides, and emails.
    However, I have maxed out the 3-page limit for this document.
    I reached out to the lead organizer of the event, and they sent a letter of reference stating why I was invited to speak at the event/evidence I spoke at the event. I assumed I could use this as another evidence, as it’s also a letter of reference. Do you think it is repetiitve?

‘OC2-2: High salary belongs to MC’

• Does this mean I should swap the OC2-2 with the MC-4?

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu , Good day. Thank you for the feedback.

‘If you have two speaking events, you can use one for MC and another for OC2’

• I had just one speaking event, but I used my collation of evidence and a letter I recently requested from the lead organizer as separate pieces of evidence. My collation of evidence had reached the 3-page limit. Do you think I should merge the two for my MC-2 and try to come up with another evidence for the OC2-1?
    ‘I also hope the opensource project you are referring to in MC, OC2, and OC3 are separate projects’
  • The open source in MC is standalone, The OC2-2 shows my Github profile commits within the last year, screenshots from private repositories of my current company, and some screenshots of pull requests. I added a screenshot of a single commit to the open source in MC, Should I take this out?
    Yes, all evidence is not recent and is from 1-2 years ago. All reference letters are unique to each criterion as well.

If you have one event submit in to MC and only on one evidence file. No use in wasting a second file to provide the same evidence. Just pick the essential pieces to show that you were on stage, what was the talk about and what the attendance was.

You need to show ongoing work on the project, s single commit isn’t impressive.

If the GitHubin OC2 is related your employment then it’s not suitable for OC2. OC2 is work outside immediate employment. You can use on opensource that’s not related to your employment for OC3 and use the GitHub repo for OC3

Okay. I’d swap the OC3-3 for the OC2-3. Thank you

As regards the evidence for speaking at an event (MC2 and OC2-1)? Would you recommend merging them or keeping them separate as they’re both unique evidences?

I don’t have any other pending evidence to add at the moment.

Okay, I’d make this change. Assumed I could use a unique letter of reference as another evidence

This was a project I worked on about 2 years ago, it doesn’t have any ongoing work on the project at the moment. Can it still be considered as “good evidence”?

No, I’d say a single commit 2 years ago isn’t very good evidence