Hi everyone, I am a product designer (UX/UI) with 4+ years of experience applying for Exceptional Promise. I currently work in a product-led tech company in Singapore and have previously worked across countries in Africa. I plan to apply under the Software and Apps category because the products used for my application cut across sectors (Fintech, Blockchain, ecommerce).
I would be really grateful if I get valuable insights on my application.
3. Mandatory Evidence
MC #1 (Evidence 1)
Led design for 2 different products with positive revenue and investment impact at 2 different product-led tech companies (previous jobs). Evidence includes screenshots of designs, links to view employment letters, press coverage for products and a letter from a Co-founder validating my effort. The same is supported in my recommendation letters.
MC #2 (Evidence 2)
High renumeration for my current job, showing employment letter and payslip indicating I earn higher than the average designer in my country.
MC #3 (Evidence 3)
2 media publications with high reach where I was interviewed about UX/UI design, I also included links to other publications about products I had worked on.
MC#4 (Evidence 4)
Social contribution as a Area Head for an NGO focused on training kids in digital skills for free, with the NGO receiving £80k in funding recently and over 10k kids trained. I mentioned I function in an operational capacity as well as handle some of the outreaches as a facilitator. Evidence includes mention and picture of me on NGO website, pictures of trainings, and links to view videos
4. Optional Evidence #2 (recognized for my work outside)
Speaking Engagements (All evidence in 1 document) (Evidence 5)
– Speaker at 1 conference with 100+ attendees (invitation letter, my photo as a speaker on their website, appreciation email sent as well as a letter from the organiser stating why I was invited to speak and what I spoke about)
– Speaker at EdTech graduation where I spoke to graduates (screenshot of Linkedin conversation with Founder of edtech inviting me, flyer of event as well as screenshot of appreciation post included), also mentioned I was invited to speak at another webinar by this EdTech about breaking into tech and my journey (flyer and recording links included)
Mentorship (All evidence in 1 document) (Evidence 6)
– Lead facilitator at free 6 week structured UIUX training for 30 people organised by another tech-focused NGO (Not NGO mentioned in MC) as a volunteer. I was vetted as a credible designer before being given this responsibility. I included screenshots from classes, links to youtube channel showing recordings of all classes as well as curriculum
– Mentor at another edTech (invitation mail, linkedin posts of mentees included)
– Mentor on ADPList where I was recognized as one of the top 50 female mentors globally in UX testing (link to my profile showing mentorship with mentees in 10+ countries, screenshots of mentees reviews included)
5. Optional Evidence #3 - (impact in product-led tech company)
Significant Contribution as employee at Past company (All evidence in 1 document) (Evidence 7)
– Document includes details of 2 different products (web and mobile) owned by past employer with traction. Evidence includes screenshots and links to employment letter, designs, metric dashboards showing traction, links to media mention of these products and their success, as well as link to view funding receipt. Success of these products can be attributed to design as I led the redesign that bumped up user engagement and retention and by ripple effect, eventual funding. Document also includes letter from Co-Founder/Head of Product confirming all these.
Significant Contribution as employee at current company (All evidence in 1 document) (Evidence 8)
– Document includes details of 2 B2B different products owned by current employee with significantly improved metrics following my redesign of 1 product with the company going on to offer the product as a whitelabelled solution to clients, indicating I contributed to a new revenue stream. Evidence includes screenshots of communication with C-level executives confirming these as well as screenshots of designs and link to view designs. Might include a letter from Head of Product validating my efforts as well
Significant Contribution as Founder at company I cofounded(All evidence in 1 document) (Evidence 9)
– Document includes details of an MVP rdesigned by me and released by a company I cofounded. The company is currently registered in 2 countries so I attached these certificates as well as captable. Attached link to view transaction count and revenue generated ($15k) for this product as well as pitch deck currently being used to raise investment. Evidence also includes screenshots and links to designs, metric dashboards showing traction)
6. Recommendation letters
Rec Letter #1 - CEO/Founder of previous company I worked at, who is familiar with my work for 2+ years. Some of these work was used in MC and OC3.
Rec Letter #2 - VP of Fintech company who is a mentor and speaks about my contributions outside of work with over 10 years of experience.
Rec Letter #3 - CTO at current company with over 13 years experience founding companies.
Thank you so much for your help in advance!