Please Help Review: Confused on which to use with for MC and OC

I have been following the forum for months. Thank you all for your support. I have managed to get the below-listed documents for exceptional promise.

I need help on which one I can use for MC and the one to use for which OCs.
I am currently working in an NGO in a tech role and have my fintech startup I just launched on 1st January 2024. Can I mention both or choose 1?

CV
Personal Statement

Recommendation letter 1: CEO of a FinTech Company
Recommendation letter 1: CEO of a Tech Company
Recommendation letter 1: Assistant Vice President, XX Fintech, and Advisor in my startup

1. Description and screenshot showing I put my innovative fintech product. Links to the app store, Play Store plus the number of downloads, Screenshot of Figma account with over 100 Mobile User Interfaces and web design, screenshot of admin showing the number of registered users, Google analytic screenshots.

2. Evidence of majority ownership, incorporation and corporate structure of a fintech company registered in 3 countries showing shares. Letter from the cofounder and CTO of my fintech.

3. Description and link showing I was Awarded Inspiringfity African women in tech 2023. (link to the announcement, shortlist, and winners).

4. Awarded a fully funded scholarship by the UK government for my master’s degree – MSc certificate, scholarship, and award letter.

5. Media recognition Published on gov.UK website about my contribution to tech during covid 19. I was presented to the UK Parliament according to Paragraph 5 (2) of Schedule 2 of the International Development Act 2002.

6. Links to blogs and websites in the UK about my COVID-19 dashboard. (15 links and newspapers published it including my school and a YouTube page where my school VC mentioned it as part of recognized students.

7. Part of the development team that built an online platform for CSOs in Nigeria – Reference letter from the executive director of the National Association of NGOs in Nigeria, links to Figma design, links to the portal and admin showing number of onboarded CSOs, links to 2 media mention during the onboarding and training.

8. Volunteered in 2021 for 1 year as an African woman in GIS West African Coordinator. Links to contributions and events hosted on YouTube with a reference letter from the co-founder.
    8b: Mentorship, capacity building support to young aspiring youths in Africa – Link to website with profiles of mentors and experts where I am included.

9. Got accepted into an incubator program, passed, and progressed to the accelerator. Accepted into Microsoft startup founder’s program with $25000 and other perks and also accepted into Mongodb Startup program with $5000 value.

10. Proof of salary in my current role (although this is way high according to the average) but I am skeptical as it is in an NGO.

11. 2 Proof of signed Agreement for partnerships with a bank and a fintech company. With email exchange. 1 proof of potential; partnership with a UK fintech company still under discussion.

Should I split evidence 8?

Thank you for being so helpful in the review.

1 Like

Hi @Nnenna_Nkata , you have an impressive profile and i remember you from when you developed the covid tracker for your home country. However, I believe your fintech is extremely recent as it was just released this month. You could add it as supporting but i believe you should go back to old evidences.

1 Like

@C91 Thank you so much. Yes, we launched the mobile app on 1st January, but have been operational for 1 year on the side. Do you think I should remove it from MC

@Nnenna_Nkata Yes I will say take it off MC. However, if you have two other evidences that are not recent that you could use for MC, you can then add the fintech as the 3rd but the sad part is you cannot repeat it.

Scholarship for your masters can be used in Academic excellence which should be Oc4 but do you have published papers with a prestigious journal and did you graduate with first class/distinction?

This is my two cents for now, perhaps people who are more knowledgeable can share. I will also advice that to make it easier, you should try looking at the technation guide and dividing your evidences yourself first then we can help to shuffle things around.

You need to split your evidence in to mandatory and 2 optional criteria. It’s easier to provide feedback that way

1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)

2. Personal Statement

3. Recommendation Letters (CEO of a Techstars Backed Energy and Climate Tech Company, CEO of a Fintech Tech Company, Assistant Vice President, Fintech Company and Mentor)

4. Mandatory Criteria (MC) Evidence

• MC 1: Innovative Fintech Product

• Narrative: Brief description of my CEO and Product Owner role. Highlighting the product’s uniqueness and its impact on the market. Key metrics (downloads, user engagement) and evidence of majority ownership.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Description of Product (screenshots, app store links, and user metrics).
      • Innovative Design (Figma account with UI designs).
      • Ownership Proof (Articles of Incorporation in 3 Countries, letter from CTO and Cofounder).
  • MC 2: Incubator and Accelerator Programs

• Narrative: Emphasising the significance of acceptance into prestigious programs and how they contributed to my growth. Mentioning the investment and network opportunities gained.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Acceptance Emails (ALX Africa, Startupbootcamp).
      • Agreements (Investment and shareholder agreement from Startupbootcamp).
  • MC 3: Reference Letter

• Narrative: Reference letter from the Head of Acceleration at Startupbootcamp, focusing on their observations of my leadership and innovation.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Reference Letter .
  • MC 4: Startup Programs

• Narrative: Highlighting the importance of been accepted into Microsoft and Mongodb programs, emphasizing the benefits for my fintech startup.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Acceptance Letters (Microsoft and Mongodb).
      • Grant/Funding Evidence

5. Optional Criteria (OC2) Evidence: Significant Contributions and Recognition

• OC 2: Commonwealth Scholarship and Awards

• Narrative: The Commonwealth Scholarship is a prestigious award granted by the UK government, reflecting exceptional academic achievement and leadership potential. My selection for this scholarship underscores my commitment to advancing technological innovation and making a meaningful impact in my field.
    • The Inspiringfity African Women in Tech 2023 Award recognizes outstanding women in technology who have demonstrated innovation and leadership. This award highlights my contributions to the tech industry, particularly as a role model and leader for aspiring women in tech across Africa.
    • Explaining how these accolades reflect my impact and potential.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Scholarship Award (certificate or official letter confirming the award of the Commonwealth Scholarship).
      • Tech Award (announcement link, shortlist, and winner’s page).
  • OC 2: Media Recognition

• Narrative: During the COVID-19 pandemic, I developed a dashboard that provided critical data and insights, which were recognized by the UK government and featured on the gov.UK website. This dashboard was presented to the UK Parliament as an example of impactful tech-driven solutions during the crisis.
    • My work gained further recognition across various media outlets in the UK, including blogs, newspaper publications, and a YouTube video where my university’s Vice-Chancellor mentioned it as part of recognized student contributions.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • gov.UK Website (link to the publication).
      • Other Media Mentions (links to blogs, 10 newspaper mentions in the UK, YouTube video)

6. Optional Criteria 4 (OC4) - Contributions to the Community and Volunteering

• OC4: Volunteering as West African Coordinator for African Women in GIS (AWiGIS)

• Narrative: As the West African Coordinator for AWiGIS, I volunteered for 1 year in 2021, playing a key role in organizing and hosting events that empowered women in GIS across West Africa. My contributions helped increase participation, provided mentorship, and facilitated knowledge sharing among members.
    • I also initiated collaborations and partnerships that expanded the reach and impact of AWiGIS in the region, furthering the mission of increasing female representation in the GIS industry.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Volunteering Proof (reference letter from the AWiGIS cofounder, link to event hosted on YouTube, and a summary of my contributions, website link)
  • OC4: Mentorship with Africa Diaspora Connection

• Narrative: As a mentor with Africa Diaspora Connection, I have provided mentorship and capacity-building support to young aspiring professionals across Africa. My role involved offering guidance on career development, sharing insights on the tech industry, and helping mentees navigate challenges in their professional journeys.
    • My contributions have been instrumental in shaping the careers of numerous mentees, many of whom have gone on to achieve significant milestones in their respective fields.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Mentorship Proof: Links to the Africa Diaspora Connection website showing my profile as a mentor
  • OC4: Product Manager for CSO Online Platform

• Narrative: As the Product Manager leading the development of an online platform for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria, I was responsible for overseeing the design, development, and onboarding process. This platform has become a crucial tool for CSOs to collaborate, share resources, and amplify their impact.
    • My leadership in this project has been recognized by the National Association of NGOs in Nigeria, which acknowledged the platform’s role in strengthening the CSO community.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Project Proof: Include a reference letter from the Executive Director of the National Association of NGOs in Nigeria.

Design and Platform Links: Links to the Figma designs, the portal itself, and the admin dashboard showing the number of onboarded CSOs.

Media Mentions: Links to media mentions during the onboarding and training phases.

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu @C91 @pahuja Apologies for tagging
I have arranged them by MC and OC please help review I don’t know if my last OC4 fits there or if I should take it to OC2 also I have 4 MCs should I merge them? I am only allowed 10 please which ones do you think appear weak to be removed?

I am applying for the Exceptional Promise

Hi @Nnenna_Nkata

MC

• you can combine MC2 and MC3 in one document since both have the bootcamp overlap if possible.
  • your MC evidences are mostly about acceptances into accelerators. Did you join any? The work that you did at any of these accelerators and impact will be better than just showing acceptances.

You should combine OC4 in OC2…the volunteering and mentoring you show in OC4: are these structured mentorship with selection criteria? Can you provide mentee testimonials and mentoring program structure?

Since you are in product role, why didn’t you consider doing OC1 or OC3? Your own work evidence is very limited in your application.

Hi @pahuja Thanks for the feedback.

Yes sure - I have merged MC 2 and 3 as 1

I have merged the 4th OC4 to OC2.

I am just curious if any of this evidence matches OC1 and OC3. What do you think

Your OC4 of PM for CSO online platform actually looks a good fit for OC3.

OC4 is about demonstrating that you have exceptional ability in the field by making academic contributions through research - don’t think this fits your profile from what you have shared.

hI @pahuja Thanks for all the reviews. I went through the criteria again and restructured the evidence as below based on your review and observation

1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)

2. Personal Statement

3. Recommendation Letters (CEO of a Techstars Backed Energy and Climate Tech Company, CEO of a Fintech Tech Company, Assistant Vice President, Fintech Company and Mentor)

4. Mandatory Criteria (MC) Evidence

• MC 1: Media Recognition

• Narrative: During the COVID-19 pandemic, I developed a dashboard that provided critical data and insights, which were recognized by the UK government and featured on the gov.UK website. This dashboard was presented to the UK Parliament as an example of impactful tech-driven solutions during the crisis.
    • My work gained further recognition across various media outlets in the UK, including blogs, newspaper publications, and a YouTube video where my university’s Vice-Chancellor mentioned it as part of recognized student contributions.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • gov.UK Website (link to the publication).
      • Other Media Mentions (links to blogs, 10 newspaper mention in UK, YouTube video)
  • MC 2: Commonwealth Scholarship and Awards

• Narrative: The Commonwealth Scholarship is a prestigious award granted by the UK government, reflecting exceptional academic achievement and leadership potential. My selection for this scholarship underscores my commitment to advancing technological innovation and making a meaningful impact in my field.
    • The Inspiringfity African Women in Tech 2023 Award recognizes outstanding women in technology who have demonstrated innovation and leadership. This award highlights my contributions to the tech industry, particularly as a role model and leader for aspiring women in tech across Africa.
    • Explaining how these accolades reflect my impact and potential.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Scholarship Award (certificate or official letter confirming the award of the Commonwealth Scholarship).
      • Tech Award (announcement link, shortlist, and winner’s page).
  • MC 3: Startup Programs, Incubator and Accelerator Programs

• Narrative: Emphasising the significance of being accepted into prestigious programs and how they contributed to my growth. Mentioning the investment and network opportunities gained.
    • Highlighting the importance of been accepted into Microsoft and Mongodb programs, emphasizing the benefits for my fintech startup.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Acceptance Emails (ALX Africa, Startupbootcamp).
      • Agreements (Investment and shareholder agreement from Startupbootcamp).
      • Reference Letter: Reference letter from the Head of Acceleration at Startupbootcamp, focusing on their observations of my leadership and innovation.
      • Acceptance Letters (Microsoft and Mongodb).
      • Grant/Funding Evidence

5. Optional Criteria (OC1) Evidence

• OC 1: Innovative Fintech Product

• Narrative: Brief description of my role as CEO and Product Owner. Highlighting the product’s uniqueness and its impact on the market. Key metrics (downloads, user engagement) and evidence of majority ownership.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Description of Product (screenshots, app store links, and user metrics).
      • Innovative Design (Figma account with UI designs).
      • Ownership Proof (Articles of Incorporation in 3 Countries, letter from CTO and Cofounder).
  • OC1: Product Manager for CSO Online Platform

• Narrative: As the Product Manager leading the development of an online platform for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Nigeria, I was responsible for overseeing the design, development, and onboarding process. This platform has become a crucial tool for CSOs to collaborate, share resources, and amplify their impact.
    • My leadership in this project has been recognized by the National Association of NGOs in Nigeria, which acknowledged the platform’s role in strengthening the CSO community.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Project Proof: Include a reference letter from the Executive Director of the National Association of NGOs in Nigeria.
  • Design and Platform Links: Provide links to the Figma designs, the portal itself, and the admin dashboard showing the number of onboarded CSOs.

• Media Mentions: Include links to two media mentions during the onboarding and training phases, highlighting the platform’s launch and its significance.

6. Optional Criteria 2 (OC2)

• OC2: Volunteering as West African Coordinator for African Women in GIS (AWiGIS)
    • Narrative: As the West African Coordinator for AWiGIS, I volunteered for 1 year in 2021, playing a key role in organizing and hosting events that empowered women in GIS across West Africa. My contributions helped increase participation, provided mentorship, and facilitated knowledge sharing among members.
    • I also initiated collaborations and partnerships that expanded the reach and impact of AWiGIS in the region, furthering the mission of increasing female representation in the GIS industry.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Volunteering Proof (reference letter from the AWiGIS cofounder, link to event hosted on YouTube, and a summary of my contributions, website link)
  • OC2: Mentorship with Africa Diaspora Connection
    • Narrative: As a mentor with Africa Diaspora Connection, I have provided mentorship and capacity-building support to young aspiring professionals across Africa. My role involved offering guidance on career development, sharing insights on the tech industry, and helping mentees navigate challenges in their professional journeys.
    • My contributions have been instrumental in shaping the careers of numerous mentees, many of whom have gone on to achieve significant milestones in their respective fields.
    • Evidence Structure:
      • Mentorship Proof: Links to the Africa Diaspora Connection website showing my profile as a mentor