Firstly, I want to say thanks to all the contributors to this forum. I have been following the posts for a few days now, I have learnt so much about the application process, really can’t thank the volunteers enough.
I’m a prospective applicant for the UK global talent visa under exceptional promise. I am in the starting stages of my application and wanted to seek some suggestions on my application
I work for a digital technology company in the research and innovation department. I have a total of 4.5 years of experience in Machine Learning and Data Science.
Letter of Recommendations
- From the Sr. Director of Technology of the company where I spent my first 3 years of career. This letter talks about my experience in building core products, my technical abilities and my contribution to the tech community
- Head of Department of my university (HoD holds a PhD and has 20+ years of academic experience). Talks about my research and contributions to Government initiated projects and my contributions to organising the tech events in the university.
- Founder/CEO of the startup company where I worked as a freelancer for 14 months. Talks about my technical abilities and how my work helped their product grow.
- Higher Salary document (Info from Glassdoor, current offer letter)
- Evidence:Showing my Contract letter showing a 110% increase in salary between my last two roles
- Role participating in panels and assessing others’ work
- Evidence: A 3-page document describing my invitation as a judge for a university hackathon and assessing over 100 projects(Related to technology). The other judges for this event were CXOs and directors of Fortune 100 tech companies. (Included newspaper clippings, e-paper links, YouTube video links, and Assessment photographs)
- Led growth of a social enterprise or NGO
- Evidence: A reference letter from the NGO stating my contributions to their platform and how my work has benefitted them. NGO is backed by renowned international award winners
- Speaker at high-profile technology sector event
- Evidence: A 3-page document stating the various international tech events I have been invited. (Attached are photos, invitation emails, website links and video links)
- Led growth of product-led companies
- Evidence:Letter from VP product on my contributions to multiple product developments. Talking about my technical contributions and module implementations.
Optional Criteria 2: (Out of work primary job)
- Evidence of Mentorship
Evidence: Mentor at
GSoC (Google summer of code)for two years. A reference letter from GSoC org admin stating my technical contributions, new initiatives in product and mentoring new community members
Evidence: Mentored over 200 students on the public cloud platform through my mentorship programme.
(Attached meeting screenshots, schedule, and student testimonials)
- Evidence: Letter from university confirming how I helped in advancing the digital technology knowledge for Students and Professors.
- Speaking at a digital technology event
Evidence: A document with the event details, links to videos, photos and medium article about my talk.
Both national and international events
Optional Criteria 3: (Significant contributions as an employee)
- Development of high impact digital product
- Evidence 1: A reference letter from Sr Director on my contribution to product development. In addition, adding the code snippets, product designs and architecture.
- Evidence 2: product architecture diagram, dashboard designs and code commit with clearly describing my contribution. Intellectual property registration proof
- The current company I work for has consulting and product revenue streams. However, I work for the proprietary product development vertical and innovation team. Would this impact my application in any way?
- One of my 3 LoRs is from my professor/head of department. In my case, Is that a good choice of the referee?
- Are there some areas where I can make improvements?
- I had a chance to speak at multiple digital technology events, can I use them in both optional criteria 2 and mandatory criteria as evidence.
Please let me know if the evidence and examples I quoted are good enough to make a strong case. Appreciate the help in advance.
I’m not limiting the reviews as I’m open to any and every feedback and suggestion. Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated