Personal Statement Structure suggestions

Hi folks,

I’m planning to switch from my Skilled Worker visa to Global Talent visa as I recently received a job offer in the Web 3 and blockchain space. I’m also a founder of an early stage startup but my involvement has been made limited due to restrictions on outside work imposed on skilled worker visa.

I’m about to kick-off my application journey and would like to ask your suggestion on crafting the best personal statement structure. What is the ratio of past work vs future plans that I should incorporate?

Would appreciate your input @steven4320555 @sojo @Francisca_Chiedu @Shreeniwas_Iyer and others

If you go by the guideline, your personal statement should focus more on your future plans. Your CVs and evidence already says a lot about your past work. Extracts from the guide blow, states that you should " explain the contribution that you will make to the UK digital technology sector".

This includes a Personal Statement (maximum 1000 words in length) written by you to explain the contribution that you will make to the UK digital technology sector. The statement should be relevant and consistent to the rest of your application, including answers to the following questions and any other information you deem relevant:

• Why do you want to come to the UK?
  • What is your planned occupation in the UK?
  • Which region or city of the UK are you planning to live in?
  • How will the UK digital technology sector benefit from your work? (Examples of this might include the technological advances you will bring, the creation or new markets, the planned growth of a digital technology company, the activities you will take part in outside of your direct occupation.)
7 Likes

@Francisca_Chiedu I’ve seen numerous posts highlighting the significance of narrating one’s background as a story in the personal statement. However, you recommend focusing on the future. Has there been any recent change in the application format?