Number of pages for recommendation letter

Hi All, I am trying to figure out the process. Just wanted to understand for Tier 1, for recommendation letter under mandatory criteria, does it increase chances of approval if number of pages in recommendation letter is between 2-3 pages? I heard so from someone who has already been through the process.

If yes, is there any template or example recommendation letter anyone could share?

In general, what are the dos and don’ts for recommendation letter under mandatory criteria for a total beginner?

I do not speak for Tech Nation but the number of pages does not increase your chances of approval, you can write a page recommendation that says so much about what the person knows about your work and why they are in support of your application, 2-3 page may just be poorly written and not convincing enough. so it is not about the number of pages but the substance in the letter that tells a compelling story of your work and achievement that qualifies you for Tech Nation. Recommendation letters are personalised documents that speaks to how the person know you. The best template you can get is in the tech nation guide as it says what should be in the letter, I don’t expect anyone to share a personal letter with you, if that is what you are looking for you, won’t get it here. Tech Nation also discourages the use of templates.

“Letters which are deemed by Tech Nation to be duplicates or templates, or closely matching the contents of evidence submitted by other applicants, may be considered fraudulent or not acceptable as evidence for endorsement”.

2 Likes

I would record the you follow the Tech Nation guide, here are things that the recommendation letr should contain:

Each letter must:

• Be about your Global Talent application - you cannot use a letter that was written for another reason
  • Say how the person knows you
  • Show your achievements in the digital technology sector, and how you are a leader or potential leader
  • Say how you would benefit from living in the UK
  • Say how you would contribute to the digital technology field in the UK
  • Explain what plans you have for work in the future

The letters must also:

• Be typed and dated
  • Be up to 3 single sides of A4 paper, excluding the author’s credentials and contact details
  • Be signed by the author, or by someone on behalf of the organisation recommending you
  • Include a telephone number and email address, and the organisation’s logo and registered address, if applicable
  • Come with the author’s CV (or other proof of their credentials that the endorsing body will accept)
2 Likes

Hi Francisca, thanks for the information but in this case, in these 3 pages should be contained the CV as well or can I have three pages for the letter only and other pages for the CV? Thanks in advance