My Endorsement Experience [EXCEPTIONAL PROMISE]

Just 2 days ago, I posted about my endorsement for the Exceptional Promise status and I’d like to express my gratitude once more to everyone who contributed their experiences on this platform. Your insights have proven to be greatly beneficial to me.

In return, I believe it’s fitting for me to recount my own journey and share some details concerning the documents I presented for the endorsement process. My hope is that my experiences will assist others who are currently assembling their application documents.

I am currently a postdoctoral scholar in a UK institution, having commenced my research in the previous year. I undertook my Ph.D. between 2018 and 2022, and that was the period I started gaining experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.

I sent in my application on May 10th, 2023, and subsequently received an endorsement on June 20th, 2023. A summary of the evidence that I provided is detailed below:

Recommendation Letters:
1. My Ph.D. Supervisor, who is a Professor
2. A Principal Computer Vision Scientist, From a Big Company here in the UK
3. Principal Investigator, whom I am currently working with.

MC:

1. Evidence that shows I have collaboratively worked with NHS scientists, researchers from Oxford University, Newcastle, and some Australian counterparts in healthcare. This initiative was endorsed by UK Ministers and subsequently received funding for additional research. The project has garnered attention from various UK media outlets.

2. I furnished proof of reviewing articles for multiple journals, including recommendation certificates and corresponding website links featuring my name.

3. Evidence showcasing my voluntary role leading a team of researchers at YYY University abroad, coupled with an interview I gave to a national newspaper discussing our revolutionary findings.

4. Letter confirming my current employment.

OC2:

1. Evidence that I serve as a volunteer scientist at XXXX, where I mentor early carrier researchers and help coordinate annual science contests for students in secondary school levels. Also included was a letter of recommendation from Chief Operating Officer of XXXX.

2. Evidence showcasing my voluntary role leading a team of researchers at YYY University abroad, coupled with an interview I gave to a national newspaper discussing our revolutionary findings. Also included was a letter of recommendation from the head of the AI and Robotic Lab at YYY University.

3. Commendation letter from a mentee.

OC4:

1. My Google Scholar profile and publication list demonstrating my academic contributions, featuring over 15 published works including journal articles, conference papers, and book chapters, as well as a citation count exceeding 160.

2. A reference letter from an Assistant Professor who acted as my internal assessor during my Ph.D. defence

3. Proof of conference presentations (supported by certificates). All conferences took place within the UK

I trust this information will be beneficial to those who have experiences similar to mine.

6 Likes

Thanks for the detail and congrats :smiling_face:

I have a question about the OC2 criteria. I am en engineer and researcher.

I plan to join a mentorship programme s a mentor. I will give support to women who do not currently work. But it wont be about engineering. I will help about how to become successfull at job or preparing CVs etc. Do you think this would be suitable for OC2?

Thank you for sharing this. It gives me insight in my evidence gathering.

1 Like