I love this forum! This has helped me so much, not just getting answers for questions, but also getting motivation when it was required to the maximum extent!
I applied for the Global Talent Visa on Feb 15 and received a notice of approval on Feb 17. I don’t know if it would help others, but below is my case/documentation summary.
I am a Chip Design Lead at Intel, USA, with over 15 years of experience. My three referees were:
- CTO of a bay area start up in medical electronics. He was my batchmate in IIT, India. We have written 2 IEEE papers as joint authors
- Professor at NSU, Singapore. He is editor of an IEEE journal where I reviewed many papers.
- Senior manager at Microsoft. He worked with me at Intel and we jointly designed a couple of chips
For mandatory criteria, I submitted the following:
- Job offers from two UK start-ups (as Principal Engineer)
- Proof that my current salary is very high within my domain and location
- My awards (Who’s Who in Science and Engg, and a few awards from companies and outside)
- 3 letters describing my contribution -
(a) Prof from EPFL, Switzerland. Cited my research in his papers
(b) Director of another bay area chip start-up (he was my ex-manager)
© Researcher from Philips, Netherlands (joint author for 2 papers)
For optional criteria 2:
- editorship at all the journals
- some proof of my 200+ IEEE paper reviews
- Proof for conference charing, invited talk
- Letter from another Prof from Harvard (he is a real bigshot in his field… I am grateful that he even wrote this letter for me)
optional criteria 4:
(1) My google scholar page and excerpts from my 12 IEEE publications
(2) A letter from an assistant prof from IIT Kgp, India. His PhD thesis was a follow up of my research.
Please let me know if you need any help with anything. I would be glad to pay forward all the help I received.