Mandatory Criteria - Non-Profit Organisation Growth

Hello, Good morning Everyone

Kindly assist with your invaluable input

Criteria - You led the growth of a non-profit organisation or social enterprise with a specific focus on the digital technology sector

Evidence - Can I use my volunteering work with Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) as evidence. Part of what we do is focused on digital technology and innovation. I have a letter of recognition/appreciation and email also. I have also online newspapers publication on the how we were chosen citing that 41 exceptional people were chosen from a pool of 500 candidates.

Sounds solid to me. You could use it for MC or OC2. MC is more focused on demonstrating leadership- so make sure to connect/map accordingly.

1 Like

Thanks for your input, I will do accordingly as advised.

Publication on How you were chosen to do what?

Choosen to mentor on digital technology adoption and training.

1. Online newspapers publication on the volunteering application process and how the selected volunteers where chosen. Also emails from the Non-profit showing the interview process stages and eventual appointment email, first meeting with pictures of all volunteers chosen.

2. Letter of recognition and appreciation for the FY2023 received in February 2024 and email also showing appreciation/recognition for contributions towards digital technology adoption.

I hope this counts and I can map it accordingly.

I think this counts as it shows it is a structured programme.

Thanks Francisca, I appreciate your input. I have actually been looking forward to your comment because I have been through the forum and noticed you are one of the SME when it comes to the tech nation visa.

I want to ask another question concerning this evidence for volunteering/mentoring. Can I split the evidence into both Mandatory criteria and Optional criteria 2 (OC2). I have about 6-8 different evidence, and I was thinking it would give me better leverage if split across the 2 criterias to give me a fair chance of meeting the 3 criterias expected.

I have other evidences to meet Mandatory criteria and Optional criteria 3 (OC3), but I want to take it one at a time.

The expectation is that your evidence will be split to evidence 3 criteria. If you have up to 10 evidence then you can use the 4:3:3 ratio

Thank you for the insightful explanation.

I have another question

Optional criteria 3 (OC3) - Can I use my promotion letter, employment contract (showing above average renumeration), payslips and reference letter (from my current CEO) to show significant contribution?

I am applying as a digital project manager working on several digital products (websites, landing pages, digital marketing campaigns and product launch).

Thanks.

These usually go into MC, under the “You command a high salary or other remuneration for your services” example

Thank you for your clarification. I appreciate.

Hello @Francisca_Chiedu

When writing my personal statement, am I allowed to list some points like projects I have worked on or social enterprise I volunteer for. Can I also list the contributions I would make to the UK tech ecosystem?

Someone told me listing within the personal statement will be seen as been written by AI.

Yes, in fact the guide asks you to specify your future expected contribution to the UK economy

Thank you @hsafra . I appreciate your contribution. I will be putting the complete application here soon, I hope you will assist to go through and give me feedbacks before I make my submission.

You could discuss few impacts your projects have made and your plans in the UK. Be mindful not to put too much information.