LOR using Docusign

Hi,

I am really confused about how to use Docusign for LOR. Should I get the text approved from the author and then copy it to the letter and then send it to the author for signature? Or should I send an empty copy and he should add the text and signatures?

I would really appreciate any help regarding this confusion.

Thank you.

Depends on your relationship with the recommender and if they want to write themselves or want you to write and they just sign or you write and they modify and sign.

Best to give them a written draft, get it approved and then send on docusign.

Thanks for your response @pahuja. I am asking wrt to the tech nation. He has sent his recommendation to me already. Just making sure if I make a document and just get it signed from authors won’t get any rejection by Tech Nation.

@pahuja jumping in on this thread too - Read multiple past threads with conflicting info.

I presumed since the beginning I would receive final versions from all experts, then send all three from my own Docusign the final versions to get it signed.

Someone recently who did that got challenged for the authenticity of it, even though it seems inefficient to have all three experts open up their own docusign accounts - and also a big ask.

Whereas an alumni here said they did it the way I presumed without any issues.

Do you have any experience on the matter? Debating whether the Docusign route is worth the hassle or if a digitial PDF signature suffices. Thank you!

I can offer my experience where I sent the final docs from my docusign account for the recommenders to sign. I made sure to include the trail page that show different IPs for me and the recommenders.
TN accepted this.

3 Likes

@hasam @z.sadl2024 i can offer advice from my application experience - I had only 1 LOR on docusign. 1 was signed in real ink and on letter head, sent me picture of each page which I collated in a doc. And another one was signed and scanned and sent to me online.

2 Likes