Hello all, I’m planning to submit my application within a few weeks.
I would love to get your feedback on the strength of the application. I’m planning to go with the following outline:
- A startup CEO that exited to US big-tech successfully (400M GBP). Worked with me between 2003-2011, but is familiar with my work since then and has advised me on building my startup and the career moves that followed.
- A CTO for a blockchain startup that raised 80M GBP in an ICO and has close familiarity with my work.
- A serial entrepreneur who co-founded 4 companies, one of them exited for 1M GBP to a publicly traded product-led company at 3.5B GBP trading on NASDAQ, and another raised 25M GBP and exited for an undisclosed amount.
- Accepted to two US big tech companies as a senior engineer (accepted offer at one of these), evidence of offer letters / contracts / stock. Total compensation was 2.5x compared to average in my country and 3.5x compared to UK (acording to indeed).
- Technical co-founder at a B2C startup that raised 1.65M GBP from a well-known VC, accepted to a top US accelerator with a 1-2% acceptance rate.
- The startup was accepted to the US accelerator mid 2017 (so over 5 years), but the company operated until 2019. Is it acceptable to present evidence regarding the accelerator since it’s important to explain the company trajectory?
- Evidence of current employment contract at a blockchain startup, demonstrating total compensation over 3.3x the average in my country and over 4x UK for software engineers.
- Invited to participate as a mentor and a judge in 2 hackathons that award 180K GBP in total. (One of them is taking place Q1 2023). These hackathons are part of an effort to attract developers to a prominent layer-1 blockchain project (2.3B market cap)
Optional - Innovation (OC1)
- First engineer (principal) at a startup which raised a seed of 5M GBP (previously successful founders who exited for 85M GBP) and has created a product that generates autonmous API tests for Kubernetes environments. Was responsible for core backend architecture and development, recruiting the initial R&D team.
- The startup (after I left) extracted a core portion of the product to an open source offering which has 7.5K github stars.
- What I’m not sure here is about demonstrating taking part in this. I can probably get a letter from one of the co-founders and also show my employment contract, but I don’t have commits in the open source repo, for example.
- Co-wrote the design spec, and wrote implementation for a decentralized blockchain smart contract source code verification system. The implementation was adopted by that blockchain (2.3B market cap) official foundation and integrated to the leading blockchain explorer.
- As part of work in a US big-tech company, wrote a critical privacy module that was required in order to launch a large-scale project. The privacy module was novel in that it integrated with the core company’s infrastructure without sharing any personaly identifiable information (PII) data back to it.
- That project had lots of PR, but the company shut it down a few months after launch
- As I cannot demonstrate my work (closed source), the evidence here would be a reference letter from a colleague who was my tech lead and is more senior.
Optional - Contributions (OC3)
- Member at the grant comittee (part of a 165M GBP grant program) for a top layer 1 blockchain (2.3B GBP market cap)
- Created the official tool for the top layer 1 blockchain (2.3B GBP market cap) to deploy altcoins on the blockchain (equivalent of Ethereum’s ERC-20), adopted by the official foundation and is part of the official organization in github
- Created a design for a decentralized DAO voting gas-less (free) system. This conforms to a “Request for Projects” made by the layer-1 blockchain foundation, asking to build no-code DAO solutions. Adopted externally by one of the NFT projects in the blockchain.
Thank you for your time and assistance!