Is my case worthy for Global Talent?

I am recently affected by the layoffs in my current company and GT seems to be a viable option to stay in the UK. I am putting my application together and would appreciate any help from the community here.

Letters of Recommendation:

1. Professor from University of Oxford

2. Head of ML analytics from my previous employer, which is a startup

3. Director of Engineering from a well established company

Mandatory criteria:

1. Current salary: payslip and contract

2. Two publications: one journal publication and one in a reputed workshop. Presentation link to the workshop paper presentation. A question is: if we do not have the attendees breakdown for each session and workshop. Is it okay to mention the total number of conference participants and call it out

OC1: Innovation

1. High salary in my previous job

2. A research project done in collaboration with NHS which is currently under review at a journal.

3. Another project from my previous job where we worked with NHS. LoR mentions that I have worked on this. The project has been covered by multiple media outlets and is on the NHS website as well (however my name is not present there). I also have screenshots of my GitHub contributions to the project

4. LoR from the co founder and the chief scientific officer from my previous startup with a mention of the R&D required for the product we were developing and that I contributed to it

OC2: Academic contributions through research

1. Two publications in a conference and a workshop. Also presented the paper at the workshop.

2. Education: Distinction in Masters at Oxford, College prize for distinction and excellent reviews for my thesis

3. High Bachelors degree CGPA and a merit-based scholarship for pursing masters (not sure if this is considered but adding it anyways)

This group has been really good and I would like to know if I stand a chance with this profile? Is there anything else that I need to improve on?

@Francisca_Chiedu @somdipdey and others, would be great if you can take a look and advise.

It appears you don’t have sufficient evidence across the criteria. For the mandatiy criteria, evidence of high salary and journal may not be convincing enough to prove that you are a reognised leader or have the potetial to become a leader. How many years of experience do you have?

For OC1: what is the proof that this is a new digital field? do you have a patent?

Is there a reason you are not using proof of impact based on the work you have done with your current and previous employer?

For research, it my be worth getting a reference letter from a an expert to confirm your contribution to the field.

1 Like

Thank you for going through this.

How many years of experience do you have?

I have 6 years of work experience

For OC1: what is the proof that this is a new digital field?

For OC1, I have two different projects. In the first project, innovation is the ML research that went into it, which we also published. The second project is also mentioned on the NHS website talks about the innovation in the product that was developed. Another evidence I use (the 4th one in the OC1 category above) is also about the research work that was done for the development of the product.

Is there a reason you are not using proof of impact based

The reason for not using impact is the fact that the first project is mostly research-based project and we haven’t built any product out of it. Similar for the other projects