Is Having A Formal Tech Degree A Requirement

I like to ask, must an applicant have a formal degree in Tech in order to apply for the Tech Nation Visa exceptional promise? I do not have a formal degree in Tech; my undergrad is actually in applied accounting, but I have since transitioned to tech, have learned a lot of tech skills, have built projects in tech, and I am currently working in tech as a data scientist.

You don’t need a formal degree to apply for the technation visa

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. Please if you don’t mind me also asking, can recent projects, code repos, etc. be included as part of my evidences? There are new projects I am working on, which I will like to include as part of my 10 evidences. I am looking to submit my stage 1 application in June or July.

just ensure your contributions are consistent. Using only evidence that are close to the timing of your application may not be helpful.

1 Like

Thanks, I have older projects too that I am definitely going to include. Now I apologise if this next question is silly, but I do have a number of old scripts that I didn’t commit to an online repo back then when I created them, instead they are all just on my machine, and I think they will make good evidence. Now, if I create a new repo for them or commit them freshly to existing repos, can they still be used as evidence? Please what do you think?