Is Global Talent type D eligible to travel under Red List

Hi, I have a Global Talent Visa (yet to get BRP) and I am currently in India. I had planned on arriving in the UK on 31 may 2021 , however India is now on the red list. Can someone tell me if I am eligible to enter the UK on my Global Talent Type D visa.

The language in the official notification is:
"From 4am on Friday 23 April, visitors who have been in or transited through India in the previous 10 days cannot enter England. British and Irish nationals, and third country nationals with residence rights in the UK arriving in England from India will be required to quarantine in a hotel. Different requirements apply for arrivals into Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

From 1 January onwards people with residence rights include: holders of Indefinite Leave to Remain; holders of existing leave to enter or remain (i.e those with biometric Residence permits) or an entry clearance/visa that grants such leave e.g. students, workers, etc (excluding visit visas)"

1 Like

As the line states:

From 1 January onwards people with residence rights include: holders of Indefinite Leave to Remain; holders of existing leave to enter or remain (i.e those with biometric Residence permits) or an entry clearance/visa that grants such leave e.g. students, workers, etc (excluding visit visas)"

you are someone with residence rights.

You would need to quarantine in a hotel. If you are willing to do so, you can still make your travel plans, AFAIK.

I am in the same boat as of you and will almost be arriving on the same date as yours :slight_smile:
I am sure we can travel but have to go through mandatory govt’s approved hotel quarantine which is very expensive and should cost around 1750 GBP. I am thinking to go via a country not in the red list i.e. Turkey. 10 days stay in Turkey is a lot cheaper than UK’s mandatory quarantine and then do your own quarantine in UK.

Azerbaijan, Nepal, Srilanka and Maldives are much cheaper than Turkey.

@jamal please do you think that would work? I am on the same boat as @kaushikravi. Thanks.

Its working, lot of people moved UK without Quarantine.

Its working, lot of people moved UK without Quarantine.

Without Quarantine at all, or Quarantine in an interim country and then coming into UK to do self-quarantine?

Suggest that you go directly to the uk, all transit countries are being closed.

@kaushikravi my country is an amber colour on the list and I reside in a red list country. I will just visit my country for 10 days before coming to the UK.

Thanks, @Shreeniwas_Iyer, and @jamal that’s what I will do. 1750 pounds is a lot of money for someone that is going to start job hunting.

hi , just checking to see if anyone has travelling from India or UAE after both of them were placed in the red list with a Global Talent clearance ? Any issues or it is allowed to travel with the vigenette

I travelled from India a month ago on the vignette and I had no problem at all. When I traveled, India was on the red list.

great ! thanks for informing as I was worried I might not be able to travel despite having this VISA as UAE is on the red list . I hope we get moved to green soon !

Hi Ravi
Did you go through Govt Mandated quarantine for 10 days ? Basically did you end up spending 1750 GBP ?

Yes I did go through govt mandated quarantine.

1 Like