Inquiry on Optional Criteria Number 3

Blockquote How do I demonstrate that I have made a significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company**?**

In the evidence suggested by Tech Nation, it says

• Letter from an employer wherever applicable. This is in addition to the required letters of endorsement and should be written by another individual;

Please I do not understand this part. What are the letters of the endorsement being mentioned here? Also when they said it has to be written by another individual, does it mean my employer can not write this letter. I am a bit confused. Help me out.

It is likely that a senior executive from this company is already providing you with a letter of recommendation (letter of endorsement). If you decide to provide a reference letter from this same company in order to fulfil this requirement then it should be written by another senior executive from this company (not the same person that wrote you a recommendation letter). Again this is based on my understanding of the guide.

Tech nation bis saying your reference letter regarding your impact in an organization is different from the letter of recommendation (endorsement letter is same as LOR).

Ok, meaning getting a reference letter from the employer is sufficient so far the same person did not write a recommendation letter.

Yes that’s what it means but also that the preference is for recommenders who are not your immediate colleagues or managers. It’s better to use people external to your organization who know your work.

Yes, my recommenders are external people to my organization who know my work.