Inquiry about Document arrangement

Hi Everyone,

I currently work in cybersecurity, applying for the Exceptional Promise and I have been trying to prep my evidences and see what requirements i could work on, for what specific requirement and i would appreciate feedback.

Mandatory requirement

1. Salary Growth: I’ve experienced consistent salary growth over the past year, reflecting my contributions and value to my current role. While I haven’t necessarily received competitive salary mentions, my salary has been reviewed thrice within this period, aligning with industry standards.
  2. Volunteer Role: I’ve been actively involved in a community initiative aimed at facilitating individuals’ transition into the tech industry. With over 300 registered students, our organization provides valuable guides and resources to fast-track their journey into tech.
  3. Support Letter: A letter from the organization’s founder, highlighting the significant impact of my contributions, will further validate my volunteer role’s importance.
  4. LinkedIn Collaborative Article Selection & Top Voice Badge: Being selected for LinkedIn collaborative articles and receiving the Top Voice badge, signifying my ranking in the top 5% of information security contributors, showcases my industry recognition and thought leadership.

Optional Requirement - Innovation:

1. Student Feedback: Direct feedback from students benefiting from our volunteer program will illustrate the innovation and effectiveness of our approach in equipping them with essential technology skills.
  2. Volunteer Experience Growth: Highlighting my progression from a Cohort Coordinator to Director within the volunteer organization demonstrates my leadership and impact on its growth and success.

Optional Requirement - Significant Impact:

1. Adoption of Cybersecurity Frameworks: Spearheading the adoption of cybersecurity frameworks into a digital format, culminating in the development of a cybersecurity compliance solution, underscores my capacity to drive innovation and efficiency.
  2. Support Letter from Lead Engineer: A letter from the lead engineer of the compliance solution will provide further validation of my role and contributions to its development.
  3. Customer Feedback: Compiling feedback from three customers who have experienced improved security posture through our compliance solution will solidify the significant impact of my work.

Your insights and suggestions on these points are invaluable as I continue to refine my application. Thank you for your support and guidance.

Thanks.

@Francisca_Chiedu @Emmanuel_Akujobi @igortsk

Hello

1. A salary without proof will not work in my opinion.
    2,3 - In MC you need to show yourself as an industry leader. If your organisation you started is a leader in your niche, this can be added.
    4 - Linkedin is usually not suitable (according to the guide), you can try to present as an award, but i am not sure it will work.

OC1 is innovativeness, OC2 is recognition outside of work. You’ve mixed it up.

As of today in my opinion you don’t have enough public profile to cover OC2

OC3 also looks weak unfortunately. You need to explain why a rank and file employee can’t fulfil the same functions.

Summary: the current description makes the case look weak, but any case can be improved - don’t give up.
There is a lack of public confirmation, it is not clear how you differ from the average employee, the significance of the impact on the industry outside of work is not disclosed.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback,

Would work on this and would be back with the improvement.