ILR founder/director evidence: company income but no PAYE or dividends — recent successful cases?

Hi everyone, this forum has helped me a lot while applying for GTV and now I’m preparing my Global Talent ILR application this month. I’ve held Global Talent since February 2024 and was endorsed by Tech Nation in digital technology.

During my Global Talent period, I personally carried out paid work in my endorsed field through my UK limited company. My situation is:

  • Global Talent since Feb 2024, endorsed in digital technology
  • I personally carried out paid work in my endorsed field through my UK limited company
  • the company received the income, including podcast work and a Kickstarter campaign
  • I did not take salary or dividends

The money was paid into the UK company rather than to me personally. I’m the director/shareholder, but I have not taken PAYE salary or dividends. The company is early-stage.

I already have a fairly complete evidence trail:

  • contracts and invoices
  • company bank statements showing the payments
  • Kickstarter payout records and reconciliation
  • filed company accounts / accounting records
  • Companies House director/company records
  • evidence that Bite-Size Climate Tech formed part of my original Tech Nation endorsement

The Home Office guidance gives examples for limited-company directors such as payslips, personal bank payments, HMRC earnings records and dividends, but it also says the evidence list is not exhaustive.

So I’m particularly hoping to hear from founders/directors who successfully applied for ILR without PAYE salary or dividends.

If that was you, I’d really appreciate knowing:

  1. What earnings evidence did you actually submit?
  2. Did UKVI accept company revenue / company bank evidence, or did you need to demonstrate money paid personally to you?
  3. Did you include an accountant’s letter? If so, what did it confirm?
  4. Did UKVI come back asking for further evidence, and what happened next?
  5. Was there anything you wish you had included in the original submission?

I’m not looking for anyone to give legal advice here. I’m mainly trying to understand recent successful cases and what UKVI actually accepted in practice, so I can prepare the right evidence rather than just add more documents.

I’m hoping to file later this month, so recent experiences would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!