Hi, Please help me review my application- Technical Product Manager Promise

I just learnt about the Global talent visa a few weeks ago and have started my application for the promise route! I have 3.5 years of experience as a product manager. Here are my documents. I will really appreciate your input!

Letters of Recommendation

• CEO of a tech company (Worked together at company A)
  • Business Manager of a multi-national telecommunications company (She is my mentor)
  • CEO of a Girls in STEM nonprofit (she has won many awards for her leadership but am not sure about this) Worked with her during my dissertation

MC

• Employment letter showing high salary earnings for a PM compared by Glassddoor
  • Letter of support from the CEO at company B (tech start-up) clearly stating my contribution to the company’s success. It has been recognised internationally and has won a few awards. I left to pursue a master’s in data science.
  • Links/screenshots of articles featuring company B
  • MSC with Distinction

OC1

• Detailed presentation of an innovative AI initiative I am leading at my current company (first-of-its-kind SAAS tech start-up in the UK)
  • Letter of support from the Head of Strategy at current company
  • Proof of product in the market, link to test.

OC3:

1. Detailed presentation of my branding efforts at current company and stats with direct impact on client uptake and revenue generated at current Company.
    1. Letter of support from CEO at current company highlighting my work.
    1. Links to articles of investments raised, and new partnerships.

I also worked on an ASR for people with dysarthria as my dissertation and my supervisor is quite eager to write me a letter of recommendation but am unsure if that is useful or applicable.

Hello. Since you are a business applicant, I advise you to pay special attention to proving that your company is product-led. Business applicants often have problems with this.

Letters of recommendation:
I can’t say anything about that. Just make sure that everyone knows your work for more than 12 months and show it clearly in the letters.

MС

1. salary in my opinion needs to be significantly above market to be independent proof of leadership (2.5-3x). If that’s the case, great.
  2. Is there any external evidence of your leadership (media, conferences, link to a website with the position, etc.) besides the words of the CEO of Company B? This could greatly strengthen your position.
  3. Links and screenshots of articles involving Company B may not be counted if your name is not there. Try to find ones where your name is there.

OС1

1. Who says your startup is the first of its kind? If reputable media, attach it. This is an important point.
  2. Apart from confirmation of the product on the market, are there any public references to the effect it has? If yes, add it.

OС3
Here I recommend finding some public mention of your role in the company, and building an explanation from a “why the average person wouldn’t do this” perspective. Then it will be implicitly clear why you are a talent and your contribution is unique. Also, I recommend more numbers. It was “X” and I came in and did “+10-30-50-100%…”.

1 Like

Thank you for responding.

MС

salary in my opinion needs to be significantly above market to be independent proof of leadership (2.5-3x). If that’s the case, great.
Is there any external evidence of your leadership (media, conferences, link to a website with the position, etc.) besides the words of the CEO of Company B? This could greatly strengthen your position:

Response:

Salary was 3Ă— estimated average in 2019/2020 in my country ATM. I am no longer employed by the company so my picture is no longer on the website. I joined the company at the infancy and very mvp. No social media evidence linking me directly apart from my work history.

OС1

Who says your startup is the first of its kind? If reputable media, attach it. This is an important point.

Response: This startupsmagazine.co.uk

Apart from confirmation of the product on the market, are there any public references to the effect it has? If yes, add it.

Response: (This is a feature). There has been somen mentions of the “speed” by users, but this is mentioned referring to the whole software service, not tied to x feature. ( I can add these.)

I did spend out a product update/blog post which I do every release with expected benefits and speed is one of those.

But it’s usually phrased we released not “I released”.

OС3

Here I recommend finding some public mention of your role in the company, and building an explanation from a “why the average person wouldn’t do this” perspective. Then it will be implicitly clear why you are a talent and your contribution is unique. Also, I recommend more numbers. It was “X” and I came in and did “+10-30-50-100%

I will try find this. Although of our media mentions have only been referencing the CEO.