Help Review My Stage 1 Application

Hello all,

How are you today?

Please help review my application for endorsement. I am applying for an Exceptional Promise. I have 10 years of experience working as a Software Developer in the banking / FinTech sub-sector. I have had opportunities to contribute to digital technology projects.

Recommendation Reference Letter from

• Chief Information Officer - CIO of a bank that pioneered fully digital banking. I was under his leadership for 8 years and could testify to my work.
  • Chief Business Development Officer - CBDO of a thriving FinTech with Agency banking operator offering in Nigeria. We at one point worked together for about 3 years before he moved to his current company. He has known me for 5 years.
  • Chief Technology Officer - CTO of an E-Learning, EduTech non-funded startup based in California USA. He has a Ph.D. degree in the digital technology-related course. I built the E-Learning Application for them as a volunteer. He and CoFounder have known me for 3 years.

Mandatory Evidence

• A document containing descriptions, screenshots, and Url the landing page of the E-Learning application with my full name recognizing me as a contributor that built the application.
  • A reference letter from the President of a digital club based in Silicon Valley, USA, the club is a chapter of a well-known club with about a 1.2million members. The digital club focuses on education, innovation, and technology. The president of the club recognized my volunteering contributions as a Webmaster where I built, maintained, published, and migrated the website content and database for its members that are spread across six (6) continents of the world.
  • A document containing 1. pictures taken and URL of published features on the digital club website when I was mentoring University students on web application as a service under the international club. 2. Screenshot of Certificate of Appreciate for contributing software engineering skills to volunteer to reach beneficiaries. 3. A member page showing that I am holding a Director position as Webmaster in the club backed by the President Reference Letter

Optional Evidences

• 1. Innovation - Three Documents showing screenshots of codes, API documentation, and web app of the innovation (digital technology projects - FinTech) that I pioneered in the company where I currently work signed by the Head of Digital Banking (One document per innovation)
  • 2. Significant - A. Document showing screenshots of codes showing my contribution, screenshot revenue being generated (in millions of GBP monthly) as the impact made by a product-led project that I was on in the last two companies that I worked at. Snippet and URL of the company financial statement indicating the impact. Confirmed by Reference Letter in another document from the Head of Software Engineering. B. Another document showing impact made in terms of turn-around-time reduction and increased bottom-line of the digital technology offerings by an Artificial Intelligence project worked on by me at my previous place of work. Snippet / URL of Financial Statement indicating the impact of the project. Signed by the Head of Software Engineering.

Thank you all in advance.

First you have up to 10 years experience, an assessor may query you eligibility for promise as they have done to other applicants who shared their experience here. As for the mandatory criteria the evidence you have listed don’t show that you have been recognized as a leader. Reference letters a lone are not sufficient. The mentorship looks more like an evidence for optional criteria 2.

1. Innovation, it is neither here nor there. The reference letter will have to give the credit to you but we know that is usually team work. Are you a founder or employee?
    3 similar feedback. Are you showing a github showing your contribution or it is all private repos?

@Francisca_Chiedu, *Thank you for your help.

First you have up to 10 years experience, an assessor may query your eligibility for promise as they have done to other applicants who shared their experience here.

My Response
This is noted, do you suggest that I should apply for Exceptional Talent instead?

*As for the mandatory criteria, the evidence you have listed don’t show that you have been recognized as a leader. Reference letters alone are not sufficient. *.

My Response
The club span six (6) continents of the world and I receive a Certificate of appreciation which is part of the document too . See some of the president’s words from the reference letter.

Webmaster - As an online club, this role is critical to the effective running of the club and enabling our club members to connect with each other and the public. he has served as webmaster since shortly after joining the club, and his responsibilities have included posting content to the club website, including for the club’s weekly meeting each week for the past 36 months which has been a tremendous effort, as well as the migration of the entire club website environment to a new hosting platform.

Director - After making an immediate impact with his contribution to the club since joining, this was recognised by his fellow club members and he was elected as a Director of the club and has served in this role since 2019. Responsibilities as a Director have included supporting the running of the club by providing leadership, governance, and oversight of the club and its operations.

Do you think I need to show more evidence?

Your contribution
The mentorship looks more like an evidence for optional criteria
My Response
Are you suggesting that even though the mentorship was featured in pages of the online club, I should still use it as optional?

Your contribution
2. Innovation, it is neither here nor there. The reference letter will have to give the credit to you but we know that is usually team work. Are you a founder or employee?

My Response
**I am an employee. The reference letter gave me accolades **

Your Contribution
3 similar feedback. Are you showing a github showing your contribution or it is all private repos?

My response
They are all private repos. What do you suggest further?

It is up to you. I can’t comment on if you can apply for talent or promise. I am just pointing out my observations based on comments from assessors as seen on feedback shared here. If you think the evidence you have is in line with Tech Nation guide, please go with what you have, I have shared my opinion based on Tech Nation guide and other successful applications. All the best with you application.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello Olu,

Did you get an endorsement? Can you feedback on your application.

Thank you