Help! Reference Letter as part of 3-page evidence

Hello House,

Please i have a quick question as I am currently in the middle of my application.
So i have 4 reference letters that supports my evidences (apart from my 3 LORs). but i needed to clarify if i can upload the reference letters separately or i must place it along with my 3 page evidences.
I’m saying this because someone mentioned it to me that i can upload the reference letters differently and that i will point each reference letter to the evidence it supports. Although i didn’t get to see this in the guide so i’m unsure. Also placing the reference letters along with my evidences might take over half of the 3 pages available.

Please kindly help if you have an idea.

@Francisca_Chiedu @deepak @Emmanuel_Ifechuwku @May

Hi - each of the 10 evidences can be up to 3 pages. A ‘reference letter’ (other than the 3 LORs) is technically to be treated as a piece of evidence.
What you need to check as part of your application strategy is the appropriate balance between the evidences - for e.g., a reference letter and other types of evidences such as contracts, newspaper articles etc.
After that, if you decide to use one reference letter as one evidence then you get 3-pages for that particular evidence, and so on for all of your total 10 evidences.

1 Like

Thank you for the response, but i cant really understand your point.

One question i might add is if i can screenshot the reference letter and add it to a section of the evidence so as not to take a full page.

I feel adding 4 additional reference letter is just too much (in addition to your 3 recommendation letters).

You may want to think about if you have other documentary evidence that may be able to validate the information that you wanted the additional reference letters to add to what your 3 recommenders have said.

If you absolutely have to add all the letters, they will be uploaded as part of your 10 documentary evidence. The strategy mentioned of putting say a one paged letter plus 2 additional pages of evidence as one document is fine. All the additional letters do not have to be 3 pages.

If I get you, you are asking if you can add a reference letter as page 4 of a piece of evidence. Best to fit the letter and other evidence into three pages

Hi @Francisca_Chiedu can you please review mine ?

Recommendation Letters:

1: CEO/Co Founder of Tech Company A
2: CEO of Tech Company B
3: Senior Professor with 50+ research publications

Mandatory Criteria:

1: Unicef Published an artical on my Innovation related to Eye controlled wheelchair to empower Disabled people.

• Screenshot of Seed funding From Uniced on this project.

• Got Selected among top 3 startups in event organized by Unicef (Screenshots)

2: Participated in Startup Istanbul Conference and represented above mentioned Technology.

• Screenshot of nominated as a top 100 world startups.
  • Public speaking in that conference.

3: Screenshot of Acceptance of research paper on Eye Controlled wheelchair for disabled people.

• Copyright Agreenment Screenshot with IEEE publication.

4: Media Recognitions: including multiple national big news channels coverages and articals with more than 200,000 views.

Optional Criteria (Outside the field)

1: Provided Mentorship of Tech related Projects and Ecommerce Non-Profit (Screenshots)

*Screenshot Of Tech Projects made by students, Screenshot of classes, screenshot of Reviews.

2- Proven Marketing Support to My Co Founder Company A.

• Screenshot of Conversions, Screenshots of Sales and revenue

• Reference letter from my Co founder.

Optional Criteria (Innovation) :

1: Detected 8 movements of eyes using Artificial intelligence.

• Screenshot of published researches with only 4 eye pupil movement detections.

Optional Criteria (Significant Contribution):

1: Empowered few disabled guys by providing Wheelchairs

• linked interview video of how this technology has changed their life

2: Provided programming related trainings to Orphans.

• Screenshots of providing Mentorship to those Orphans.

I would really be grateful if i get a review on this since i am planning to apply for Promise route. Is there any chance for me of getting GTV ?

I think you have done good evidence but be careful not to mix things up.

1. Evidence one, what exactly are you trying to prove? If this is about the publication then show it as evidence of publication where your name is mentioned.
    The grant award is a separate evidence.
  2. If you are using startup intabul conference then the speaking should not be about your product if not it will be considered promotional or marketing related. Why are you asked to speak?
    Evidence 3 and 4 looks ok. Are the evidence recent?

Optional criteria 2 does not sound like a structured mentorship programme. Also assisting your friend with marketing is not suitable to prove OC2.
Buying items for disabled also doesn’t meet the criteria.