Help needed application guidance

Hello everyone.

I hope you are doing well and will soon receive the endorsement email you are waiting for.

I am a Senior Software Developer with 9 years of experience. and I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering. for the last 2 years I have the title of Software Team Leader. And as you can understand, I am planning to apply for a Global Talent Visa and I am even in the process of preparing.

There is one issue I would like to ask about. The explanation under the useful definitions section in the Technation guide made me hesitate. It mentioned that companies that provide outsourcing services do not meet the requirement. I have been working as a senior software developer in a company providing outsourcing services for the last 3 years. In other words, as an employee of company A, I work on the software project of company B. I have been involved in more than 5 product-oriented projects in the last 3 years. If I apply, does this mean that my experience will not be evaluated according to the description in the guide? Are there people with similar work experience to mine?

Another issue is that I have been involved in projects where security is important, and for this reason version control software has always been kept on internal servers, and I no longer have access to those git servers. Would it be useful if the projects I contributed to were listed in the reference letter I will receive from the managers of the relevant companies instead of the git history as proof?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes - all contracting / outsourcing work isn’t considered valid evidence

Is there any chance these manager will be able to send you screenshots if they’re still working there? Letters are deemed less conclusive by TN and TN don’t grant criteria evidenced by letters only.

you can highlight only the works that can be considered by tech nation. other works can be mentioned briefly. its all about storey telling and how you highlight that you are suitable for this. Otherwise, if no evidences can be provided, you can spend time to work towards it and have planning for milestones and achievements.

Hi @mf2uk,

If Tech Nation specifies certain types of companies that meet the criteria, it means that experience with a company outside of those specifications may not be evaluated for endorsement.

For open-source projects you no longer have access to, Tech Nation guidelines suggest that contributions should be evidenced with metrics such as code commit summaries, repo stars, or download statistics where possible. Reference letters alone may not be sufficient.

I recommend reviewing the guidelines carefully to ensure you understand how to best meet the criteria