GTV - Stage 2 Spouse Applying Separately

Hello!

I’d appreciate it if anyone could let me know if they have experience in their spouse applying separately for the stage 2 visa.

I’m (F) about to make my stage 2 application, however, my spouse (M) is not going to be able to make his application with me at the same time so will make his application afterwards but my endorsement letter will have expired (i.e. it’ll be after 3 months since I received it) by the time he makes his application. Given that I should have received my visa and my BRP my them, should this be a problem?

Thanks!

If you have already moved to UK by then, then it wont be a problem.

Endorsement is the prerequisite condition for your visa. Once you get your visa, they can qualify as your dependent they have nothing to do with your endorsement. All they need is your cover letter, BRP, proof of subsisting relationship and TB certificate if applicable. I had the same case. Here is my cover letter:

Please note that you don’t need to quote immigration rules. They are changed since. However, if you really really want to quote them visit Appendix Global Talent and then do so. Quoting rules or not, you must provide those documents though.

Thank you so much for your response.

Thank you so much for your response and sharing your sample cover letter.

@happysoul and @Mukesh_Adhvaryu What if the main applicant is endorsed and gets the Stage 2 visa but hasn’t entered the UK yet (applied outside UK)

Is there a problem if the dependent applies based on the main applicant’s approved visa vignette (and letter) and the two travel together to the UK for the first time to pickup the BRP and live in the UK? If so, can you point me to any official guidance for the same? Thanks!

i think its same as family applying together. So again your spouse need to quote your URN or BRP details. Also, your visa vignette should be valid till that time period.

I dont see that as a challenge. You are over thinking :slight_smile:

If main applicant hasn’t travelled yet so no BRP then attach his decision letter which confirms his entry clearance and amount of leave. Nothing problematic here.

1 Like