I’m from India and have been working in UK for past 4 years on Tier 1 - Exceptional Talent visa. My current visa is valid till Dec 2022. I will be getting married in India on Dec 2021. I’ve some questions about adding spouse/dependents to my visa.
- Given that my fiance/spouse is in India, should she be applying for Dependent visa from India or can she come to UK on a visitor visa and apply from here?
- To apply for a Dependent visa, do we need to submit the marriage certificate as well or is that optional? If we need the marriage certificate, then we will have to wait till we have it to apply for the Dependent visa.
- How long does the Dependent visa processing takes? Can it be expedited?
- As my current visa is valid till Dec 2022, my spouse will have to pay the NHS surcharge only till this period?
- When I apply for ILR, my spouse can also extend their Dependent visa?
- Does my spouse need to do any English or other tests before she can start working in UK?
Any help with the above questions will be highly appreciated.