GTV Dependent Child Eligibility for ILR

My dependent child will be eligible for ILR by MAY 2028. Mother is the main applicant under Global Talent Visa route and she is eligible for ILR by NOV 2027. We are 3 dependents (including myself, 2 children) and our GT Dependent visa is expiring in MAY - 2028.

My older child would be turning 18 years by NOV 2027. Can my spouse add our older child only in her ILR application by OCT 2027? although the older child is actually eligible for ILR after 5 years i,e in MAY 2028.

As an additional info, the children were in my ICT visa (father’s dependent) from 2020 to 2023. Can I consider this 4 year continuous UK stay length for my older dependent children whilst filing the ILR?

Has anyone had a similar kind of experience? If so, would you mind sharing your thoughts please?

Thanks,

I’m not an expert by any means but I believe your children’s time between 2020 and 2023 (3 years) as your dependent would count towards their time spent in the UK when applying for their ILR (I believe they need 5 years). But please double check this.

You should contact an immigration lawyer for this especially for the child turning 18 years before your wife’s ILR expires.

As per link Apply for the Global Talent visa : Your partner and children - GOV.UK
It seems does not matter until it is dependent

Your partner and children

Your partner and children can also apply to join you or stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible.

If your partner or child’s application is successful, their visa will usually end on the same date as yours. If a child’s parents have visas with different expiry dates, the child’s visa will end on the earlier date.

A dependant partner or child is any of the following:

• your husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner
  • your child under 18 - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
  • your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as your dependant

You’ll need to provide evidence of your relationship to your dependant when you apply.