GOT ENDORSED ! (Digital Marketing)

Hello TN fam,

A few months ago, I received an endorsement and i am beyond thrilled. It was a rollercoaster of emotions, but the feedback I received from this forum was invaluable. By reading through posts, I realized where I had made mistakes in my applications, which could have led to rejections. I applied as a digital marketer and strategist (Promise) and I’m thrilled to say that I got the endorsement.

I want to post this here to help anyone who might need it, as this group played a significant role in my successful application.

My recommendation letters

1. CEO of an AI-powered company
  2. CEO of a fintech firm
  3. CEO of a charity tech start up

For my mandatory evidence, I provided:

1. International Recognition: I included certificates showcasing an international award I received in New York for my work as a digital marketer. I also listed other recipients of this award, including the Director-General of the WHO. Additionally, I included my international certificate as a marketing graduate from a UK university i graduated from.

2. Proof of high earnings : I submitted three months’ worth of pay slips demonstrating a high salary.

3. National Awards: I included certificates for three awards I received in the last three years for my work in tech. For each award, I mentioned the names of prominent public figures and tech icons who have also received the same honor and included the links to the awards websites.

4. Media Recognition: I provided clips from newspaper features and magazines where my work was highlighted.

B) For my Optional Criteria (Commercial), I submitted:

1. Letter of Promotion (stating an increase in salary) and Employment Contract
  2. Reference letter from CEO of a Fintech Startup
  3. Dashboard supporting the metrics stated in the recommendation

For the Optional Criteria (Beyond Work), I included:

1. Speaking Engagements: I provided links to my speaking engagements at Lagos Start-up Week and an interview with the Nigerian Television Authority.
  2. Mentorship Letter and Pictures: I included a letter and pictures from a non-profit organization, highlighting my work on their science and tech programs.
  3. Reference Letter from CEO of a Tech Startup: This letter discussed the activities I have undertaken beyond work.

I hope this breakdown helps someone. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

8 Likes

Hi congratulations really glad that you got endorsed?

A little favour could you please review mine?

Recommendation Letters:

1: CEO/Co Founder of Tech Company A
2: CEO of Tech Company B
3: Senior Professor with 50+ research publications

Mandatory Criteria:

1: Unicef Published an artical on my Innovation related to Eye controlled wheelchair to empower Disabled people.

• Screenshot of Seed funding From Uniced on this project.

• Got Selected among top 3 startups in event organized by Unicef (Screenshots)

2: Participated in Startup Istanbul Conference and represented above mentioned Technology.

• Screenshot of nominated as a top 100 world startups.
  • Public speaking in that conference.

3: Screenshot of Acceptance of research paper on Eye Controlled wheelchair for disabled people.

• Copyright Agreenment Screenshot with IEEE publication.

4: Media Recognitions: including multiple national big news channels coverages and articals with more than 200,000 views.

Optional Criteria (Outside the field)

1: Provided Mentorship of Tech related Projects and Ecommerce Non-Profit (Screenshots)

*Screenshot Of Tech Projects made by students, Screenshot of classes, screenshot of Reviews.

2- Proven Marketing Support to My Co Founder Company A.

• Screenshot of Conversions, Screenshots of Sales and revenue

• Reference letter from my Co founder.

Optional Criteria (Innovation) :

1: Detected 8 movements of eyes using Artificial intelligence.

• Screenshot of published researches with only 4 eye pupil movement detections.

Optional Criteria (Significant Contribution):

1: Empowered few disabled guys by providing Wheelchairs

• linked interview video of how this technology has changed their life

2: Provided programming related trainings to Orphans.

• Screenshots of providing Mentorship to those Orphans.

I would really be grateful if i get a review on this since i am planning to apply for Promise route. Is there any chance for me of getting GTV ?

Dear Adeelawan

Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your notable accomplishments!

Your evidence and recommendation letters from distinguished leaders are quite strong. Your engagements with UNICEF, international conference participations, and widespread media recognition are commendable and bolster your application by highlighting your impact and international recognition.

Regarding the support you provided to your co-founder at Company A, it’s important to ensure that this evidence aligns with the GTV criteria for Beyond work. I recommend reviewing the TN guidelines to confirm that the support role is considered significant and relevant to your application. The reference letter from your co-founder should clearly detail your contributions and their direct impact on the company’s growth and success, emphasizing measurable outcomes like conversions and sales increases.

Hello brother

Thank you for detail guidance, i would work on this and can i have your email so that i will send my documents just so that you can see if i have to do any work on them.

Thank you .

Congratulations @Ayotunde wishing you the best going forward.

@Adeelawan12 , Your evidences are not well diversified. Tech nation guidelines states that each evidence has to be unique to a particular criteria.
So each mandatory criteria and each optional criteria needs to have at least one unique evidence.

You have a good chance if you bring in other evidences

Hi @LizzyOrji thankyou for your response.

Can you please specify because media coverages and unicef articles on my innovation for disability is itself a unique evidence with screenshots.

And secondly research paper publication can be considered as MC evidence or not ?

Mandatory criteria has two publishings on Eye controlled wheelchair.
Optional criteria (significant contribution) is still having wheelchair in it. And how can giving disabled wheelchair prove you are exceptional?

I also saw two mentorships in optional criteria.

You are permitted to provide up to 10 evidences.
At least each optional criteria should get 3 unique evidence not linking to wheelchair in any way.

In optional criteria, only optional criteria 4 have given you the opportunity to speak about your research publication.

Thank you , appreciate that

Hi @LizzyOrji thank you for your feedback, regarding the publication MC 01 is an artical from Unicef on the innovation and MC 03 is approval of Research publication from IEEE

Secondly regarding the innovation work i mentioned what innovation i have done in that project

The media recognition you spoke about, was your name mentioned explicitly?

The Mandatory criteria 1 and Mandatory criteria 3 both spoke about eye controlled wheelchair. Tech nation guidelines states that each evidence should be unique. My understanding of unique is that two evidence should not be too similar. Where there is a similarity, one evidence should be used in Mandatory and the other in optional.

When you say your work is innovative, you have to explain the innovative part , screenshot alone is not enough, you need more evidence like patents, like media recognition and like saying it has never been done prior to me doing it.