Global talent Visa application (Skilled worker visa holder)

Hi All! Hopefully someone has faced a similar situation…I am here in the uk with a skilled worker visa, granted by the emission of a valid certificate of sponsorship (CoS) by my current employer. I would like to apply for the Global Talent Visa, I could be elegible using the peer review route to get the endorsement. Skilled worker visa is a route giving you the opportunity to work and live in the UK, but with some limitation, due to the fact that your right to live and work in the uk is dependent on the employer emitting the CoS. I would like to get the freedom to change job without the necessity of a new CoS.
I am wondering, If my application is successful, will my current skilled worker visa remain valid? So, is it possible to hold two different visas, i.e. a skilled worker visa linked to the CoS emitted by my current employer and a global talent visa? How will it work if my global visa application is successful? Will my current employer discover I have applied for the global visa route? Should I advise them to update my situation?

Sorry for the long message. Hopefully someone can clarify me this particular situation. It would be really much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance for your kind help :slight_smile:

Ivan

You can’ t have both. If you are endorsed your Global Talent will replace the skill worker visa.

Many thanks Francisca. This helps me much! How do you suggest to proceed in my situation? Should I check in advance if the global talent visa is a acceptable route for my current employment? Do you have any other particular suggestions or things I should be beware of?
Hope you have a nice day,
Best wishes,
Ivan

You don’t need to check with them. Most employers are fine as long as you have the right to work in the UK.