Feedback on Mandatory Criteria plan - Endorsement stage (UX/UI)

Hi, everyone! :wave: :sparkles: I was hoping you could give me feedback on my planned evidence for mandatory criteria. I believe they meet the Tech Nation guidelines, but when I compare them to approved stories here on the forum, I get insecure and start thinking I’m too far behind.

I want to apply for Exceptional Promise as a UX/UI professional.

Letters of recommendation:

1. Head of Design from a big Fintech in Brazil;
  2. Director of Design OR General Manager from one of the biggest digital banks in Brazil and the world;
  3. Senior Product Designer from a global company.

Mandatory Criteria

1. Job offer from 2024 from a big product-led company showcasing salary, benefits, and additional remuneration package above the average in Brazill’s technology market;

2. Job offer from 2022 from a big product-led company showcasing salary, benefits, and additional remuneration package above the average in Brazill’s technology market;

3. A document about a product I worked on highlighting my part in it, the results it had, news clippings about the product from big media companies in Brazil, and a letter of reference from a senior member of the company stating how my work contributed to the success of the product;

4. Another document about a product I worked on with the same structure as above (number 3);

5. A reference letter from a lead product designer of the biggest bank in South America referring me as an Exceptional Promise and describing how he knows my work, providing examples from the time he was my manager at a product-led company;

6. A document stating that I delivered a talk at a global UX Design event (this will still happen in March 2024, but I was already selected).

Optional Criteria

1. (OC3) A document describing a project in a product-led company where my work contributed to great results and a reference letter from a senior member of the company describing how I played a key role in the growth of the main product;

2. (OC3) Another document with the same structure as the one above but of another project in another product-led company;

3. (OC2) A document describing my contribution to a non-profit international interest group that focuses on helping women who want to enter the UX Design field and a reference letter from a senior professional from the Brazil embassy;

4. (OC2) A document describing my contribution as a Mentor for a global Product Design Hackathon, how I was chosen following selection criteria, and a reference letter from the program manager responsible for the event.

I hope I can get some insights from you! Thanks for your attention :two_hearts:

@Francisca_Chiedu @May @Edg @edithpuclla @Victrr hi guys! tagging you because I see your current participation here on the forum and maybe you could help me as well :pray: :heart:

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been really busy in the past months. I’ve only been able to glance through and I think you have some decent evidence for EP.

I just have a few questions for clarification.

The profiles of your 3 recommenders looks fine by me

How high is this salary, is it in the top band for your position in your country or just higher than average salary?

same question as above

What does this document contain.? Do you have videos.? Pictures.? Details about How many were present at the event?

Thank you, Victrr! And sorry about the tag, I can imagine how busy you are.

> How high is this salary, is it in the top band for your position in your country or just higher than average salary?

They are both salaries above the average in Brazil for Product Designers. Not only the salaries but the whole package (stock options, benefits, etc). Compared to pounds, the currency in the UK, they seem like average salaries but it’s only because our currency in Brazil is worth almost 7x less. 1 GBP is equivalent to 6,2467 BRL. So I guess it makes “top band” (I don’t know if I understood the expression correctly :sweat_smile:).

> What does this document contain.? Do you have videos.? Pictures.? Details about How many were present at the event?

Yes, it would obtain videos from my talk, screenshots since it’s an online event, details like how many attendees, the e-mail they sent informing me I was selected to talk, and details about what was the topic of my talk. What do you think?

By top band here, I mean there’s low, average and top. TOp in this context could mean what could be considered a higher than usual pay for your role.
An example is this link from glassdoor
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/sĂŁo-paulo-senior-product-designer-salary-SRCH_IL.0,9_IM1009_KO10,33.htm
The median is 33k/m and the top band is 48k/m. If you’re earning say 35k , it wouldn’t qualify as high because its above average/median compensation. But if you;re earning around 45-48k/m then it could qualify as a high salary. But this is a reference for total compensation (+stock/equity) not just base salary alone.

Do you also have a reference to prove this high salary i.e a comparison website like payscale or glassdoor?

That’s also fine

Sure, I would use the same source you provided from Glassdoor. Thank you so much for your attention! :pray: :smile: