Feedback on Exceptional Talent - Product Leader

Hi everyone! First - this community has been super helpful as a resource while getting docs together. Thanks to the mods who help keep this site running.

I’m just about to submit my application for exceptional talent, and I was wondering if anyone could provide last minute feedback on how I’ve arranged my evidence. Getting into “overthink mode” so would be helpful to get outside opinions.

Background: product and business leader with ~15+ years experience in high growth startups. Last ~10 years in cybersecurity startups. Currently in London. Last 5 years has been spent at two security companies.

Recommendation letters:

• CEO of current company
  • Founder/CEO of previous company, now a VC
  • Security startup founder/CEO that knows my work

(everything three pages or less)

MC1: High salary + original job offer
MC2: Press article covering presentation at industry conference while at previous company
MC3: Reference letter from head of sales from previous company highlighting how I helped drive revenue growth, along with case study on major customer
MC4: Press article on acquisition we made at current company where I’m directly interviewed.

OC1a: Two press articles on feature launched where I’m directly interviewed
OC1b: Two press articles on another feature launched where I’m directly interviewed
OC1c: Screenshot of options package at current company

OC3a: Reference letter from another exec (not current manager) at current company (VP of Eng) highlighting impact across company
OC3b: Recent performance review / promotion letter at current company
OC3c: Screenshots of work done to support fundraising at current company, screenshot of being featured as a leader in fundraising presentations, and screenshot of press interview I did talking about investment once deal closed.

Not included - have a really good recent op-ed on security practices in major industry magazine.

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on that arrangement? Would you move anything around?

Specific questions:

• Should I add the op-ed in…somewhere…and drop something else? Maybe in MC and drop MC4?
  • Should MC3 go into OC3?
  • Should one of the press packets in OC1 move to MC, and something from MC move to OC1?

And two general questions:

• How do folks prove business income/commercially successful? Would OC3c achieve that?
  • Do you upload the resumes of people who wrote letters separate from the letter itself, or do you create a new file with the letter + resume combined?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Bumping - thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback!

1. for OC1- Now sure your evidence can prove “Innovation”
  2. for OC3 - looks good
  • How do folks prove business income/commercially successful? Would OC3c achieve that?
  • OC3 looks good of impact
  • Do you upload the resumes of people who wrote letters separate from the letter itself, or do you create a new file with the letter + resume combined?
  • attach resume after 3 pages, its in the guide.

Thanks for the reply! The articles themselves in OC1 highlight the innovation but will write an intro to make it super clear. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the clarification on the reference resumes. I wasn’t sure if tech nation would be weird about me “editing” the reference letter file from the reference by adding the resumes to the end. But will do.

The letters must also:

• Be typed and dated
  • Be up to 3 single sides of A4 paper, excluding the author’s credentials and contact details