Hi everyone,
I’m preparing an application for the Global Talent Visa under Exceptional Promise, applying as a Product Marketing Manager, and I would really appreciate feedback on the strength and suitability of my proposed evidence.
Recommendation Letters
I currently have:
- 1st Letter: CEO of Product Marketing Alliance (Biggest Community of Product Marketers in the UK)
- 2nd Letter: CEO of another startup technology company
- 3rd Letter: Established AI consultant and startup technology CEO
All three letters are signed using DocuSign.
Mandatory Criteria
1. Leadership in marketing/business development at a product-led digital technology company
The criteria states:
You led the marketing or business development at a product-led digital technology company, demonstrably enabling substantial revenue and/or customer growth or major commercial success.
My proposed evidence includes:
A. Retention/community marketing strategy documents that I developed and executed
B. Proof of the digital product/web app, including screenshots
C. User-growth dashboard and commercial/product-adoption evidence
D. Reference letter explaining my role and contribution to the company’s growth
Question: Would this combination sufficiently demonstrate that I led marketing activities that contributed to substantial customer or commercial growth?
2. Speaking at high-profile digital technology or specialist industry events
I have spoken at three events related to technology/product marketing:
- Event 1 – approximately 20 attendees
- Event 2 – approximately 60 attendees
- Event 3 – 128 attendees
For these, I have:
A. Official event agendas showing my name as a speaker
B. Recordings of my talks/YouTube links
C. Photos of me speaking at the events
D. Reference letters from event organisers
E. Evidence of event attendance where available
Question: Would you recommend using all three events together, or focusing primarily on the strongest event with 128 attendees and using the others as supporting evidence?
3. Established large technology initiative
I established an AI Hackathon called Bradford Buildathon, equipping young people with product thinking, prompt engineering and tech skills.
My proposed evidence includes:
A. Official event website/page
B. Official event agenda
C. Photos and videos from the event
D. LinkedIn posts/testimonials from the event
E. Independent reference letter from a senior contributor from the lead sponsor of the event.
4. Published material about me and my work in digital technology
I am considering:
A. Independent NG article discussing my career journey and work in product marketing/technology
B. Television interview where it introduced me and I discussed the role of AI in product marketing
For both, I intend to provide the publication/broadcast details, date, screenshots or links, and evidence identifying me.
Question: Would these two pieces together be considered reasonable evidence of published material about my work in the digital technology sector?
Optional Criteria 2 – Recognition for Work Outside My Immediate Occupation
1. Thought leadership / published articles
I have six published articles/op-eds covering different areas of product marketing.
They have been published by:
- Product Marketing Alliance
- ThisDay
- HackerNoon
The articles discuss topics such as customer research, product marketing strategy, customer-centricity and content/product strategy.
My proposed evidence would include the published articles, author profile, publication date and evidence of the publications’ relevance/reach.
Question: Would a selection of my strongest articles across these publications be sufficient to demonstrate external recognition and thought leadership, or would it be better to focus primarily on the strongest publication?
2. Mentorship
I have participated as a mentor in two structured mentorship programmes.
My evidence includes:
A. Dashboards/programme pages showing the structured nature of the programmes
B. Reference letters from programme organisers
C. Feedback from mentees
D. Evidence of products/projects that mentees developed or launched during the programme
E. Evidence of my mentorship activities and participation
One concern I have is that I was not formally designated as a “senior mentor.”
Question: Given the guidance around being a senior mentor when mentoring alongside other mentors, would you recommend avoiding this evidence altogether, or could it still be viable if the programme demonstrates that I was selected based on expertise and made a substantial, consistent contribution?
Optional Criteria 3 – Significant Commercial Contribution
For this criterion, I am considering my work as a Product Marketing Manager at an AI technology startup, where I contributed to product positioning, go-to-market strategy, customer research and growth.
My proposed evidence includes:
A. Founder/CEO reference letter explaining my role and contribution
B. GTM, positioning and messaging strategy created by me
C. Analytics/revenue/customer-growth dashboards showing measurable impact
D. Customer reviews of the product.
Question: Would these documents be sufficient to demonstrate a significant commercial contribution as an employee of a product-led digital technology company, particularly where the company is still relatively early-stage?
I would particularly appreciate feedback on:
- Whether any of these evidence categories appear too weak or risky
- Whether I am duplicating evidence between Mandatory Criteria and OC3
- Whether my mentorship evidence is worth using given that I was not a senior mentor
- Which of the Mandatory Criteria examples appear strongest
- Whether there are any obvious gaps in the evidence I should address before submitting
Thank you very much for your feedback.