Exceptional Promise: Number of reference letters

Hi everyone, I’m considering applying for Exception Promise - Business route and I would like to understand:

1. Is there a limit on the number of reference letters one should be including as evidence?

2. Are letters from HR on confirmation on compensation or letters from the head of finance on confirmation of getting an R&D tax rebate considered a reference letter?

3. Can IC1 include projects that are work in progress, i.e., no publications / patents but my LOR from a reputed academic personality in the industry would be mentioning this work as ground breaking.

4. I previously worked at a major bank and commanded a high salary as an investment analyst before I moved into a Fintech startup. Can I include this experience as an evidence of “you command a high salary” in my MC?

5. I have 20 months of experience in the major bank and 40 months at the tech -startup. Hopefully I still qualify as “being in the early stages of my career”

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi @Aks177 , welcome to the community. Here are my thoughts below.

1. Is there a limit on the number of reference letters one should be including as evidence?
ANS: no limit. But please bare in mind that reference letter is not a strong evidence. It is just used to connect and confirm your evidence.

2. Are letters from HR on confirmation on compensation or letters from the head of finance on confirmation of getting an R&D tax rebate considered a reference letter?
ANS: No. LoR has much more required details to be included. Check out https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#document-checklist

3. Can IC1 include projects that are work in progress, i.e., no publications / patents but my LOR from a reputed academic personality in the industry would be mentioning this work as ground breaking.
ANS; I don’t understand your question. What is IC1? If you mean OC1 or innovation, it does not require publication, but they are definitely good to have to make your evidence strong.

4. I previously worked at a major bank and commanded a high salary as an investment analyst before I moved into a Fintech startup. Can I include this experience as an evidence of “you command a high salary” in my MC?
ANS: You can only include those times when you are in the digital technology field. You have to justify yourself to see how much digital tech you were involved in the previous job then.

5. I have 20 months of experience in the major bank and 40 months at the tech -startup. Hopefully I still qualify as “being in the early stages of my career”
ANS: When you say “major bank”, I guess your role was not involved in any digital tech project. If then, you should be in the exceptional promise route.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes