Exceptional Promise Application Review and Questions:

Hello,

I am applying for the Exceptional Promise Tech Nation Visa and I have a few questions…

A little about me: I am a Software Engineer who lives in Washington, DC. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and am currently pursuing a M.E. in Software Engineering (part-time). I have only been working as a Software Engineer for about 2.5 years (I am 25 years old and graduated undergrad 2 years ago). Pretty much all of my professional development experience has been related to the U.S. Federal Government or Department of Defense. Also, I studied abroad in London for one semester during undergrad where I attended London South Bank University (LSBU).

Questions:

1. Since I am only about 2 years into my professional career, and I have generally worked for large multi-national corporations, I can only get one C-suite letter of recommendation. Would the other ones I have listed suffice?

2. I am a little worried about providing enough evidence of the work I am referencing. A lot of the work was classified in some way, so the evidence will have to be quite general. Is that okay?

3. With me being only 2 years out of undergrad, and being in graduate school while working full-time, I haven’t had a lot of time to contribute outside of my occupation. I am part of a mentorship program through the DC government. Would that be enough?

Application:

Personal Statement:

• My contributions to the multiple organizations that I have worked for as an intern and full-time employee. The innovations I was a part of, work I led, and how I made an impact on Digital Technology through these roles.

Resume + LinkedIn

LOR:

1. Letter from my manager/practice lead at IBM.
  2. Letter from the COO of a start up I worked at for a few months.
  3. Letter from my Project Manager at Accenture.

MC:

• Led the development of a highly innovative application for the U.S. Department of Defense.

OC 1:

• A high salary.

OC 2:

• My work as a mentor through the DC government.

I just want to see if I am heading down the right path. Please let me know what you guys think about my application so far, then I will start to collect evidence. Thanks!