Evidence showing the required maintenance funds

I have switched my visa from a student visa to the Global Talent visa. My family is trying to switch and gov.uk is demainding evidence showing the required maintenance funds.

I have had to restart the application a few times just in case there has been a mistake… its been to no avail.

P.S: Wife and kids joined me in the UK earlier on a student visa.

were you endorsed as talent or promise? I know someone who was asked to provide evidence for dependant, he was endorsed under promise.

Talent oh.

I wasnt asked to show any money for myself though. Part of the problem now is that i dont even know how much im expected to show and I have just 1 day to go.

Do you know how much thay family had to show?

“If you’ve been in the UK with a valid visa *for at least 12 months, you do not need to prove you have this money for your visa application” Have your family been in the UK for more than 12 months?

No, they’ve not been here up to 12 months. Where did you find the referenced phrase please? Need to see more. And need to see the amount required for the family to show.

Also, it says living cost/maintenance costs… Not visa costs.

Is it the option mandatory? Will you have to upload a document before you can proceed to the next?

I think it is a new requirement. How many dependants do you have?

My dependant has stayed in the UK for more than a year, do I also need to show POF?

Reason why I’m asking if the field is optional or mandatory

4 dependents.

I’ve called Home office. Even them don’t seem to know. First responder says we should share any financial info we have. 2nd one says hes sorry he cant help.

Hi Alex. This isn’t about the criteria. This conversation is for after youve been endorsed. I’m being asked to show POF for my family, which wasnt initially stated online.

I think you should show the typical proof of funds for other visa category whis is 1270 per applicant times 4 of that should be fine.

I know it’s not about the criteria. I’m also applying for stage 2, reason why I’m asking for clarification

Can’t you just apply for yourself now, then let your dependents on their current student dependent visa and then switch them once they have been in the UK for more than a year?

Is it clear now? Cos I’m following what Francisca has said.

The student visa expired yesterday. So that one year wait wasnt an option. Ive gone with Francesca’s advice.

1 Like

I went with this option last night. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hiya! What is the outcome.

Family did the biometrics yesterday. So, we wait a few more weeks to get the final outcomes. I’m positive though.

1 Like

I believe it should be fine. All the best.