Evidence of mentorship [Structured mentorship]-QC 2

Hi all,
I have a query related to one of QC-2’s examples mentioned in the tech nation website.
Can anyone explain about structured mentorship like what tech nation expects us to provide on this. For example if a candidate has conducted two or three days workshops for colleges/universities and has a letter from the chairman/director of college/university suffice the criteria if so then what type of evidence can one provide to prove that. Will screenshots of the presentation through which he conducted the workshop suffice as evidence along with the letter from the Chairman/Director…?

Please help and thanks in advance…

Hi Moi, although I did not use this criteria, your proposal sounds good to me. Basically, try to put together as much solid evidence as possible, and make it easy for the assessor to get your message.
If you have pictures, thank you letter from your men tees, etc. You may also add them in. Two pages in the digital format can add a lot evidence.
Above just my personal advice for your reference. Good luck with your application.

@steven4320555 thanks a lot for your view on this…I will try make it as strong as possible…

1 Like

Would a letter from a founder (with revenues, funding, etc) suffice that I mentored him in developing a product? or TN is pretty strict on it has to be via ‘structured programme’ only? anyone has experience

I understand structured mentorship refers to the type organised by a known or reputable organisation. Lecturing in a university or similar presentation is not necessarily mentorship but is listed as an example of evidence for optional criteria two, so you can use it but I won’t call it mentorship. From my experience, I would recommend you explain the nature of the mentorship programme and give a bit of context. My mentorship evidence for a U.S Government programme was not considered, I had to raise it in my review. Don’t assume they know the organisation you are referencing in your application, give some background information.

Thanks Francisca- ur inputs have been super useful.

May I check when TN declined your US Govt mentorship- in review you clarified and the same US programme mentorship was accepted by TN?

It was rejected in December 2020 and I sent a review and got endorsed . The point is just putting a certificate for your mentorship is sometimes not sufficient. Don’t assume they know the organisation. Secondly, some mentorship may not be related to tech, you have to demonstrate how your evidence in OC2 advance the digital technology sector.

1 Like