Evaluate my Profile for Stage 1 Exceptional Promise

Requirement 1: at least 2 examples of innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept

a - I have Co-founded a school management software start-up in Nigeria
b - I have a innovate a digital banking app for local farmers

Requirement 2: proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field

I have received an Award from the Mr. President, Federal Republic of Nigeria and have won various Tech Hackathons.

Requirement 3: they have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company

Our School Management System has made tremendous contributions to management of schools with over 300+ subscribers using the system. Raising about $20k revenue within one year.

Requirement 3: at least 2 examples of exceptional ability in the field by academic contributions, or through research endorsed by an expert.

Though, I have studied Plant Science and Biotechnology buy have a publication in Bioinformatics Journal which involved the use of Artificial Intelligence and another publication in a life science matter (None Tech Related).

Thanks

It has been many weeks without anyone replying this post. Can someone please look into this and make some recommendations or observations.

Thank you

Hey your profile looks really good but you are providing your evidence based on the old criteria. Please check out the new criteria

Thank you very much for your response

An applicant evidencing EXCEPTIONAL PROMISE must:

• show they have been recognised as having potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field

And provide evidence of at least 2 of the following:
-at least 2 examples of innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept
-proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
-they have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company
-at least 2 examples of exceptional ability in the field by academic contributions, or through research endorsed by an expert.

Are the above criteria new ones or the old ones, please?

Thanks again!!!

Winning a hackathon does not necessarily count for work outside immediate employment. How have you contributed to the advancement of the digital technology sector. As for the Letter from the President of Nigeria, what was it about. Was it a commendation with respect to your work advancing the tech sector? Lastly Bionformatic journal has to be known journal and one publication may not be sufficient for this criteria. i recommend you read the guide as it has suggested evidence.

Thanks @Francisca_Chiedu!

I have about 6 freelance projects (Data Science Specifically) which are totally outside my immediate employment. Can they count?

It was not a recommendation but an Award of 1 Million Naira in recognition of my contribution to Nigerian Agricultural Sector using Digital Technology. Having developing a system that study market patterns and use machine learning to make various type of predictions helping the farmers to make smart decisions. The software system has recently been featured in the Global Business (China Global Network).

The paper was published with Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology - https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/jbcb. How do you see this publisher?

There are evidence for each of my claims. Thanks

You may need to get an attestation letter that confirms that the award was related to your contribution in the digital technology sector. Are there also media clips or articles documenting your contribution to agritech? I don’t work for tech nation so I can’t comment on the standing of the publisher, however, i don’t think just publishing a paper is enough for optional criteria 4. You have some potential but you need to do some work to articulate your achievements.

Thank you very much @Francisca_Chiedu.

I will push forward getting the letter of attestation from either the Presidency or concern Ministries. There are 3 video clips (with Nigerian Television Authority - NTA, African Independent Television - AIT and China Global Network - CGN) that had an interview with me regarding my contributions to Agritech and Digital Technology. There is also an article published in 2019 that featured my contributions in same regards.

Can you please share with me a guide/sample of documents that will help me to articulated all my achievement? If you have one.

Thanks once again, May God bless

Thank you very much for your response @pete_rock

An applicant evidencing EXCEPTIONAL PROMISE must:

• show they have been recognised as having potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field

And provide evidence of at least 2 of the following:
-at least 2 examples of innovation as a founder of a product led digital technology company or as an employee working on a new digital field or concept
-proof of recognition for work beyond the applicant’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the field
-they have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company
-at least 2 examples of exceptional ability in the field by academic contributions, or through research endorsed by an expert.

Are the above criteria new ones or the old ones, please?

Thanks again!!!
[/quote]

Please follow the link I provided and read the guide. The new criteria is stated there. All the best.

I am afraid there are no samples as application documents are based on people’s personal experience. You can consider getting a paid consultant to assist you review your application. If you can’t afford it then read the Tech nation guideline, you will get pointers of what you should include in your letters, write based on your personal contributions. Also using templates is usually not advisable, you are the only one who knows your story better.