Endorsement received

Applied: 19 August
Endorsed: 12 September
Number of edits: 3 (August 31, Sept 10 and Sept12)

My main observation:
My evidence files are very similar to what this forum knows, so I decide to give my overall impression. My observation is that the assessors have gone through so many cases, and only the cases that stand out will be endorsed. Consider meeting the written criteria just a guide, not a guarantee for endorsement. The bar is raised every year because they intuitively know (through gained experience) what is impressive enough to be endorsed. I consider that, what was endorsed last year will most likely be rejected in two years time (everything else constant) and will get intense with each year, unless if there is a significant interest decline in the program (very unlikely). I don’t mean to discourage anyone, but point you in the right direction because you find a lot of people pointing to the guide and wonder, how they did not get endorsed because what they have is exactly what the guide says (word for word).

My advice
Having experiences that reflect the guide is the first step to a three-step process, it just shows that with proper concept craft, you stand a chance of endorsement. If you do not have experience as listed in the guide, take your time, build the profile to meet the established criteria.

Step two: this is the hardest and unfortunately, most people fall off. Let your files ‘scream’ exceptionalism! Example instead of saying I build item X using Z and profited Y’, you could say ‘I identified a gap in the market that serves segment A, and implemented item B, which is better that the state-of-the-art C, by D% and enhanced quality by E% to achieve profile F, the highest in my company since year G. Give context, shine light on your excellence, prove how only the highly gifted could achieve your feat, otherwise you are just a capable individual, not exceptional. You obviously should back that with evidence that can be authenticated. This is important because I have seen so many rejections with ‘insufficient evidence’. To avoid this, provide authentic, high quality evidence like independent news coverage, recognized awards, product profile in different platforms like Apple store and don’t be tempted to exaggerate your profile instead build it if it’s not strong enough.

Step three: Build a unique story, that captivates the assessor. Don’t tell them what they know, for example when writing your personal statement, don’t be tempted to write things like ‘the UK has the best universities, that’s why I want to come and start my business’ they know this. Show how you will add value on top of the value they already have. Take your time and think and put in some work.

Best of luck to all of you!

10 Likes

Congratulations @bex.

Thank you for sharing.

I have also applied (Sept 11). Waiting for a feedback.

Got my first edit Sept 14th and second one today (September 27).

1 Like

Well deserved, congratulations!!!

congratulations, When did you get endorsment ?

Congratulations!! Thank you for insights

Big congratulations @bex

Congratulations. All the best with stage 2

Many Congratulations!

Great take on the “art” of the endorsement process. The “science” part is what you describe in step one.

Here is a story I think is relevant to help one think about their approach and what it may take demonstrate being exceptional (it’s a well circulated piece) =>

Ezra and Thomas joined a company together a few months after their graduation from university.

After a few years of work, their Manager promoted Ezra to a position of Senior Sales Manager, but Thomas remained in his entry level Junior Sales Officer position. Thomas developed a sense of jealousy and disgruntlement, but continued working anyway.

One day Thomas felt that he could not work with Ezra anymore. He wrote his resignation letter, but before he submitted it to the Manager, he complained that Management did not value hard working staff, but only promoted only the favoured!

The Manager knew that Ezra worked very hard for the years he had spent at the company; even harder than Thomas and therefore he deserved the promotion. So in order to help Thomas to realize this, the Manager gave Thomas a task.

“Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”

Thomas returned and said, “yes there is someone!”

The Manager asked, “how much per kg?” Thomas drove back to town to ask and then returned to inform the Manager; “they are R13.50 per kg!”

The Manager told Thomas, “I will give Ezra the same task that I gave you. Please pay close attention to his response!”

So the Manager said to Ezra, in the presence of Thomas; “Go and find out if anyone is selling water melons in town?”

Ezra went to find out and on his return he said:
“Manager, there is only one person selling water melons in the whole town. The cost is R49.00 each water melon and R32.50 for a half melon. He sells them at R13.50 per kg when sliced. He has in his stock 93 melons, each one weighing about 7kg. He has a farm and can supply us with melons for the next 4 months at a rate of 102 melons per day at R27.00 per melon; this includes delivery.
The melons appear fresh and red with good quality, and they taste better than the ones we sold last year.
He has his own slicing machine and is willing to slice for us free of charge.
We need to strike a deal with him before 10am tomorrow and we will be sure of beating last year’s profits in melons by R223 000.00. This will contribute positively to our overall performance as it will add a minimum of 3.78% to our current overall sales target.
I have put this information down in writing and is available on spreadsheet. Please let me know if you need it as I can send it to you in fifteen minutes.”

Thomas was very impressed and realized the difference between himself and Ezra. He decided not to resign but to learn from Ezra.

—Shared as copied.

Congratulations on your endorsement!

6 Likes

Congratulations @bex
I completely agree with you on what you have mentioned about the endorsement application and couldn’t have said it better.
Well deserved!

Great example shared about being exceptional @westside
Today’s exceptional talents on GT visa do share the traits of Ezra! So, the summary for prospective visa applicants is “Be more like Ezra” :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@westside, no better words could be said. Your analogue is on point!

1 Like

Please what is this first edit and second edit i read around here. Were you been reached out for edits and comment. Please explain the edits

Cos i submitted and got mine 3weeks on the dot. Submitted for Exceptional Talent on Sept 11 and got endorsement October 2nd

1 Like

First off, congratulations on your endorsement. Your have no need to worry about edit issue after getting endorsed.