Endorsement Received for Exceptional Talent

Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience and learnings from my recent successful endorsement for the “Exceptional Talent” visa. This forum helped me understand others’ experiences, common mistakes, and more, so I hope my journey can help others as well.

I applied as an expert in AI/ML and submitted the following documents:

Letters of Recommendation (LOR):

• LOR 1: From the head of my practice at my current employer.
  • LOR 2: From the CEO of my previous company.
  • LOR 3: From the founder of a build-tech company where I volunteered as a Tech Advisor.

Leadership Category:

• MC 1: A letter from the CEO of a part-time company where I worked as CTO until it closed in 2021.
  • MC 2: Product snapshots of the solutions I developed at my current company, along with workflow diagrams and their impact.
  • MC 3: Proof of my salary (in the early six figures) with a comparison to similar roles on Glassdoor, supporting the evidence in MC 2.
  • MC 4: An offer letter from a venture program (fast-tracked by Tech Nation).

Innovation Category:

• OC 1.1: A product I developed for the company where I was the part-time CTO.
  • OC 1.2: Another product from the same company.
  • OC 1.3: QuickBooks snapshots showing the company’s revenue (£600,000 over 3 years), my benefits, and documents related to the company’s LLC and dissolution. This supported OC 1.1 and OC 1.2.

Impact Category:

• OC 3.1: My role as a Tech Advisor at a build-tech company, where I highlighted the products I developed and their impact (the company receives 400,000+ visitors yearly). LOR 3 supported this evidence.
  • OC 3.2: Products I developed at my previous company and their impact.
  • OC 3.3: My salary document, supporting OC 3.2.

I completed this application entirely by myself. Even though I initially considered hiring help, I realized that no one knows your work better than you. In the end, it took me about 50-60 hours to complete the entire application.

One key takeaway: even though “Impact” has a separate section, I showed impact (in terms of numbers, quality, and quantity) in every document, from the statement of purpose to LORs and evidence. Numbers matter a lot, and that’s what they focus on. I felt confident about my application, knowing that only a very strong reason could lead to rejection.

I also included my venture program offer letter, even though most people advised against it. However, I made sure it fit well into my story. I weaved everything—statement of purpose, letters, and evidence—together into a cohesive narrative, ensuring it was strong and logical.

It’s important to support each piece of evidence with other documents. For example, if I submitted OC 1.1 and OC 1.2 about the products I developed as CTO, I also included financial records (OC 1.3) to show the revenue those products generated. This was further backed by a letter (MC 1). Making your case watertight is crucial.

For the evidence itself, ensure your documents are clear and well-organised. Use proper formatting, add subheadings for each snapshot, and highlight key information using different colors. To fit more information in your documents, reduce side margins and use small but clear snapshots (I used 300 pixels). Also, make sure to write in UK English and avoid spelling or grammar mistakes.

Writing reports for various programs helped me a lot in this process, but remember—everyone’s approach is different. As long as your work is solid and your information is clear, you should be in a good position.

I received my decision in just 5 days with 7 edits I could count.

I hope this helps, and best of luck to you!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable experience with the Global Talent Visa application process. Your detailed account is incredibly helpful for those of us planning to apply. I have two questions, if you don’t mind:

1. It seems that your part-time achievements were recognized, which is surprising as many believe only full-time work counts. How did you present this period in your CV? And why did you choose to use part-time achievements instead of full-time ones?

2. To what extent did you demonstrate your expertise as an ML engineer? I’m also more focused on business impact than technical depth, so I’m concerned about proving sufficient technical expertise. (For context, I’m a data analyst and product manager.)

I’m planning to apply for the Exceptional Talent Route, also choosing OC1 and OC3, so your post has been incredibly helpful.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi I should’ve been more clearer about my part time CTO thing. It was my own start-up with my 2 other partners along with my full time job with my other employer. With time it became successful so I kept hustling at two different positions. My OC1 evidences was totally based on this but I made sure to clarify multiple places (including resume) that it was my side hustle along with my full time job. I also provided that full time job’s evidences too as mentioned in my LOR2 and OC3.2 and OC3.3.

Almost all my evidences were based on ML and AI based development work that I am doing for the last 7 years. As all of the positions were leadership ones, evidences included lot of variety in terms of proving my leadership qualities. Hope it helps!

Thank you so much for your very clear and helpful response. It makes perfect sense that you included your startup work as a side hustle.

It’s also become very clear how you’ve proven yourself as a Global Talent by focusing on AI/ML while also taking on leadership roles.

I will continue working on my application, and if you’re willing, I would be incredibly grateful if you could review the structure of my application.

Thank you again for your insights!

Sure… no problem. I will take a look

1 Like

Congratulations.

I submitted my application on September 17th. I only got an edit (Sept 23rd) since then.

Hi, I don’t believe there is any specific pattern to no. of days or edits, so you should just patiently to hear back, mine was fast-tracked anyways. :slight_smile:

Hi @pmsept first of all congratulations on your endorsement letters.

I am new to this forum and looking for help to apply for a Global Talent Visa. I am a bit confused about the documents. I want to know how many documents exactly are needed for the endorsement. Second, the LOR should be written by myself or a recommending person will write it for me.

You need to read tech nation guidelines thoroughly. All answers are given there!

1 Like

Hi @AwaisKhan please go through the official TN guidelines here - it’s a very comprehensive guide and will give you a complete idea of what is needed.

@pmsept

Hello. Thank you for your previous feedback.
I have another question and would like to post it.

I’m also considering applying with OC1 + OC3. However, I’m finding it difficult to convince TN about how I was ‘innovative’ in OC1.

Could you please tell me how you demonstrated that your product was innovative?
like,

• Received a grant for an ‘innovative’ product
  • Was accepted into an accelerator known for being ‘innovative’
  • Was described as ‘innovative’ in the media
  • etc.

These are the documents I’m planning to submit as OC1 docs:

• OC1.1 Product I developed as a Head of Product. Joined an accelerator run by an innovative Nasdaq company
  • OC1.2 Product I developed related to weather disasters, which received a grant from the government
  • OC1.3 Product I developed related to the media industry. I’ve had a speaking engagement about this. (One of MC documents will support this)

Cheers!!

On my request, could you please share the venture program you enrolled in? Name of the venture program, please?

Your cooperation will be highly appreciated. Thanks