Endorsed for Exceptional Promise (Business Applicant) - Product Marketing Manager/CMO

Endorsed for Exceptional Promise (Business Applicant) - Product Marketing Manager/CMO

Hey everyone I got my endorsement in the first week of January, this forum was of great help and I’d like to share my pieces of evidence as it could be a guide for any other marketing professional out here looking to put in their application.

3 Reference
President of a leading Digital Marketing Organization
Co-founder of a fintech startup
Director of operations at a health tech startup

10 pieces of evidence

MANDATORY CRITERIA 1
EVIDENCE I LED THE GROWTH OF A PRODUCT-LED DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, PRODUCT, OR TEAM INSIDE A DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.

LETTER OF REFERENCE CEO OF COMPANY I LED GROWTH AT (I was Chief Marketing Officer)

MANDATORY CRITERIA 2
I LED THE MARKETING OR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AT A PRODUCT-LED DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, DEMONSTRABLY ENABLING SUBSTANTIAL REVENUE AND CUSTOMER GROWTH OR MAJOR COMMERCIAL SUCCESS.

MANDATORY CRITERIA 3
EVIDENCE I COMMAND HIGH SALARY

MANDATORY CRITERIA 4
SUPPORTING EVIDENCE OF BEING A SENIOR CONTRIBUTOR TO A LARGE TECHNOLOGY-LED INDUSTRY INITIATIVE

LETTER OF REFERENCE FROM THE CEO OF THE LARGE TECHNOLOGY-LED INDUSTRY INITIATIVE

OPTIONAL CRITERIA 1
EVIDENCE OF MENTORSHIP 1

OPTIONAL CRITERIA 2
EVIDENCE OF MENTORSHIP 2

OPTIONAL CRITERIA 3
PROOF OF PRODUCT IN THE MARKET AND ASSOCIATED TRACTION THROUGH REVENUE.

LETTER OF REFERENCE FROM THE CEO OF THE ABOVE COMPANY (I was the Marketing Executive responsible for taking the product to market and also showing evidence of revenue)

2 Likes

Congratulations. I have a question regarding this, what can be considered an industry Initiative, is this a Hackathon?

It could be a hackathon, mine were 3 different tech events across africa and i was part of the team responsible for the execution of the events.

Congrats @Iamkayballz! I am in the same PMM role in big tech and starting my application. I have a few questions about evidence gathering and profile building. Especially around media coverage. I have a few things getting published soon but would the timeline go against me since that will be right around the application time?

Can I DM you for other questions?

Can you advise what did you attach as the proof of product in the market?

Hey @anubhav_rao i think every application is unique to the applicants experience, as for me i didnt do anything with media coverage so im not sure on that front, but yes you can dm.

1 Like

Evidence of innovation/product development, traction, total number of leads, testimonials from users, record of revenue. These are the evidences i put forward.

Thanks for your reply.
How did you manage to put that on three pages?
As part of testimonials did you include videos?

Thanks for sharing! Really inspired by the list of evidences you shared for your endorsement. Could you share more about how you document or demonstrate that these achievements were directly attributable to your own efforts? Specifically, I’m interested in how you distinguish your personal contributions from those made as part of a team?

1 Like

Its really not a big deal its just taking screenshots and adding them to a document as a photo and resizing them to fit so you can add whatever texts below, id suggest you watch some youtube videos to learn more about this.

when you share your screenshots or evidences you can add a short note beneath explaining that you had personal contributions.

I have a quick question please, does this evidence mean that this should only be a reference letter - Outside of your normal day-to-day job role, you established, led or were a senior contributor to a large technology-led industry initiative, evidenced through reference letter(s) from global senior project executives.

OR is it in addition to what I currently have here?:

• 4 screenshots and links of media attention for the hackathon
  • Screenshot + Public Link of the Leaderboard showing 700+ participants
  • Screenshot of my email correspondence
  • Screenshot of a page of a slide deck for the hackathon identifying me as the PM (I also added a link to the full slide deck)
  • Reference letter on page 3 from a former executive at the company

So this can be divided into 2 seperate evidences which is what i did, the reference letter can be a stand alone evidence while the screenshots and other can be a seperate one, do you get?

1 Like

Hi @Iamkayballz, congratulations on your endorsement. The current tech nation guideline indicates that recommendation letters must be up to 3 single sides of A4 paper, excluding the author’s credentials and contact details. I am currently putting together my evidences to apply as a promising talent and my letters are not up to 3 single sides, were your letters up to 3 sides and what is your advice?

Thank You, for me 2 of my references were less than 3 pages.

Thank you for reply @Iamkayballz. @Francisca_Chiedu do you please have a view on this to add to what kayballz have said

This guidance just means the letters cannot exceed 3 pages. I had letters varying from 1, 2, and 3 pages. If you find a letter going into a fourth page, try having your recommender format it with a smaller font or thinner margins.

1 Like

The people recommending you and the content of the letters are what matter. I would be careful though; if all your letters of recommendation are one page, then tech nation might say that they are “light on content.”.

1 Like

Do these letters need to have e-signatures through Docu-Sign? if not what could be an alternative?

Congratulations, by the number of years of experience I fall into Exceptional talent, however I fall short forums and events presence. I have worked for a product company for 10 years and led large teams, grew in position, worked internationally, command a very high salary. what are my chances of making it. I have other screen shots and NGO Contribution, Recognition and OC3 category of having worked on significantly large project as one of the other 4 managers.