Endorsed: Exceptional Talent

Hey all,
I hope you’re well. I was endorsed by tech nation for exceptional talent after a month.
Date of submission on Tech Nation: 31 May
Date of acceptance email: June 28

These are my evidences.
Mandatory Criteria
1-1- MC- Co-founding FinTech Startup (Proven track record of innovation in Digital Technolgoy Sector)
1-2- MC- (Acquisition, Investment agreement, Notice of changes, Audited
financials, Valuation)
1-3- MC- Founding Tourism Startup)-Proven track record of innovation in Digital Technolgoy Sector
1-4- MC- Speaking at High Profile Event- Proof of recognition for work outside my immediate
occupation
1-5- MC- Expert Role in assessing work of others (Elsevier Journal Peer Reviewer) and academic contribution-
Proof of recognition outside my immediate occupation

Optional Criteria
OC2:
2-4- OC2- Top 36 Entrepreneurs selected by UNIDO and most influential leaders in FinTech- Personal
Recognition and Public Speaking
2-5- OC2- Co-organizing ProductTank Birmingham and proven mentorship track record- Recognised for my work
outside of my immediate occupation

OC3:
2-1- OC3- Leadership in product-led digital technology companies in FinTech
2-2- OC3- Entrepreneur in Residence at (EdTech startup)- Leadership in business development, scale up and
growth of a product-led digital technology company
2-3- OC3- Lead Product Manager at (Ride-hailing product-led digital tech company)- Significant commercial
and entrepreneurial contributions

For the 2-1-OC3 I had put 6 additional reference letters in one file (two on each page half page format) just in case. You can even put 1 or two letters and use it as evidence.

My main sector was FinTech and regardless of being a founder, my main expertise was Product.

Just to note, you can do the following or dont but I assume it might help:
1- I DocuSigned all letters and made sure all of them have the same emails on their LinkedIn pages.
2- My LinkedIn page was already well formatted but again took a look. Especially check for dates being the same as your cv, sometimes by mistake you might put different dates. I have completed all parts on Linkedin as much as possible (https://linkedin.com/in/mahdibeee)
3- I stuck with 3 pages maximum for all documents except the recommendation letters were it also had the docusign additions and their CV attached to it as well which is Okay.
4- I provided pictures, google analytics and any possible verifiable evidence for all my documents. I also put them in a drive so all evidence was hyperlinked in my documents for them to see a larger high quality image.
5- I used Adobe to increase the quality of images since sometimes when you transform to PdF it degrades.

I have also applied for the stage 2. Btw, I am currently in the UK as a dependent of my wife who is a student and havent applied for her until after she graduates. However I havent received my visa yet and waiting. I only uploaded the email of endorsement, my passport pages and BRP for the appointment and also the appointment cost £143 pounds and took 10 minutes for biometric.

I hope you all get endorsed and have a wonderful days ahead :blush:

5 Likes

Congratulations @mahdibeee Such a well packed application!!

1 Like

Thank you so much @pahuja

Let’s connect on LinkedIn :blush::blush:

1 Like

@mahdibeee for Elsevier Journal Peer Reviewer, how did you show the evidence? whats evidences did you screenshot? did you get an additional letter to prove this?

1 Like

So when you review papers and go on the elsevier hub, it gives you a certificate. Also on the reviewer portal there is a table showing all papers you have reviewed with the details. I just screen shotet a part and Highlighted some parts and also took a screenshot from the elsevier hub dashboard which has a chart showing reviews.

I also took full screenshots of the editors thanking me for my contributions and also other emails from editor inviting me to review but no additional letters no.

hope this helps :blush:

Thanks, @mahdibeee How long have you been a reviewer at elsevierbhub?

1 Like

Since 2020 :blush: But mostly actively occupied with it during 2021 to 2023. My focus shifted towards business mostly and dropped out of PhD back in September 2023 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@mahdibeee Congratulations!
I just connected with you on LinkedIn.

1 Like

Congratulations @mahdibeee

Impressive submission.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mercy :smiling_face: If you’re on LinkedIn lets connect

@mahdibeee Congratulations !!
I have a question about Docusigned recommendation letters, Is it possible to request document from my account and the recommender upload it, sign it and send it to me without creating an account? Because I can’t see this option. Or is it acceptable if I upload and send the letter and they just sign it?

Thank you so much.

Just receive the letter from them after they created it (maybe on a letter head) and create an account yourself, upload it and they sign the letter.

Make sense?

@mahdibeee Got it. Thank you !!

just make sure when ur putting the letters in your application, it specifically include first page of docusign as well which shows the details of IPs and when it was signed etc. This might mean ur letter pages is more than 3 but its okay because the main pages should be 3 excluding additional such as CV or docusign