Employee working in a new digital field - for a "Business applicant" within a "large corporation"

In Optional Criteria 1:

1) How do I demonstrate that I have a proven track record or examples of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or senior executive of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept?

From the statement above I need help to confirm one main question below.

Background
I am working in a large bank, in which I understand that generally any large bank is NOT normally a digital technology sector. However…

• I am working in the Digital Banking division, which is under the main bank, but we operate under Chief Digital Banking Officer.
  • We (digital bank) have our own Digital product, for example, Digital Lending, which will be the product in the evidence, and I can also show the revenue from it.
  • I can show the 4 evidence of the 4 innovations/concepts I and my team did as a business applicant, which includes Machine-learning related digital campaign building, and also receive some awards on my project in a Global Banking Innovation awards.

My question is: Does this optional criteria 1, require “employee working in a new digital field or concept” ONLY, or does it still require the business to be within “digital technology sector” as well?

Thank you very much in advance.
Alex

PS. Quotes from Tech Nation guideline.

The “digital technology sector” or “product-led digital technology companies” are defined as businesses that provide a proprietary digital technical service/product/platform/hardware as their primary revenue source.

Business applicants must demonstrate a proven commercial, investment, or product expertise in building digital products or leading investments in significant digital product businesses.

Is “digital banking with machine learning in an innovative solution (in a way)” considered a “technical organization” and applicable to consider in this optional criteria 1?

ps.

• Pinging this topic again to give this topic another chance from any forum member here.

• May I also humbly invite @Shreeniwas_Iyer @Francisca_Chiedu? I am really sorry to disturb you guys, but I really need an initial guideline from experts like you.

Please advice. Thank you very much in advance.

What is the new concept? If you are a business applicant working in a commercial bank, you may not be eligible. Tech Nation has provided a guide, if you think you have the evidence then apply. Some things are not explicit, it is left at the discretion of the assessor.

#1: Firstly, the innovations in the (technical?) organization that I, as a digital marketer, had been working in are the following projects:

• The comprehensive and automated business dashboard for internal business team to significantly reduce manhours and hours in manual work of business and marketing report which usually take 1 week or more to generate each individual report, which never exists before in our company.
  • The automated and machine learning with the Data Science’s propensity model to send out the owned media communication automatically to the right persons, right moment, and right product offers. This project was also received international banking award in “DIGITAL MARKETING & SALES” category.
  • A project with Data Science team to developed Artificial intelligent and Machine learning capability to understand that visual elements of each marketing communication to see which element could possibly have the impact to the CTR%. For instance: number of character of headline, number of characters of description, impact of key visual element (person face, cash, buildings, graphic, etc)
  • The Data Science’s DIY (do it yourself) tool for the digital marketer in our digital marketing team to be able to select target lead criteria and use the data science’s AI/ML to generate the best possible leads with propensity model.

All of these are the example of the innovation that never exist before, and I participated as a business applicant.

#2. Secondly, our digital banking team consist of approximately 200 people, and I am trying to set an angle that we are a technical organization (within a bank), which consist of data science, data analytic, product/app engineers, digital marketing team, and etc.

Are these valid points for the “employee working in a new digital field or concept”? What are the potential gaps here? Please kindly advice. Thank you

To be honest, I do think that you have a chance. And to answer your question:

Is “digital banking with machine learning in an innovative solution (in a way) ” considered a “technical organization” and applicable to consider in this optional criteria 1?

I would like to say YES, but it’s really not up to us.

I don’t think it really matters where you work, rather than what you do. I am aware that banks generally treat their digital banking team as a separate sub-organization within the bank. As such, not only do I think that depending on the depth of your evidence, you may be a suitable “business applicant”, but also, I believe your Chief Digital Banking Officer would easily pass for a strong recommendation on your behalf.

You may and should try to also get a letter of reference (different from the mandatory recommendation letter(s)) from a senior colleague whom you worked with on the different projects in the bank to provide sufficient details about your contribution to the digital bank.

Of course, you may still use this thread to check in your gathered support documents before submitting.

As far as I know, the tricky part to Optional Criteria 1 is that they mention “genuine” to describe the evidence to be provided.

It is then left to the assessor to evaluate the genuineness of your submission.

In addition, you need to determine if what you are trying to demonstrate is your level of contribution in an innovative sense rather than impact as it contrasts to Optional Criteria 3.

See part in OC3:

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Just out of interest, did you apply? If so how did your application go?

I’m working as a data scientist for a large bank. Data scientists are on the excepted profession list, I’m just worried about putting together enough evidence since so much of the work is confidential.

I have several other stuff outside of my normal job, but I’m not sure if it will be enough.

Thank you for your positive comment and good suggestions @ask4jubad . This really show me a light at the end of the tunnel. I will try to cover the most as per your suggestion and TN guideline.

Thank you

1 Like

hi @Alice_Coyne My evidence is 90% completed, now I am retouching the sentenses, grammar, and then I should be good to go.

I totally understand where you are coming from. Collecting the evidences and connecting them together are the hardest job to be done. DM me if you need a help.

1 Like

Congratulations @Alexnk that it all worked out. When do you plan to submit your Stage 2 application?

Hi Alex, curious about, where u endorsed? I am in the same position as digital marketer and product, because the guide is not totally explicit about requirements. It’d be very helpful for us!
Thanks

Yes, I was endorsed on the first attempt. I will be happy to help. you can start a new topic and tag me, then I will try to help you out. @zamisalce

Very congrats!!! Yes, I just did it, is you can help me out on the new topic, I put my potential evidences. I’d highly appreciated it

@alexnk I tagged you in my topic, very thanks if you can give me a check!