Eligibility for Promise Talent

Hello Everyone,

I would like to clarify my eligibility status under the business category. I have 2yrs 6mths experience in a Payments and infrastructure based company as a Fraud Analyst and currently working in a Fintech Challenger bank as an Application Fraud Investigator.

Based on the companies mentioned above, do you think I am eligible to apply for the Promise talent with my kind of role in the Fintech space?

I look forward to your response :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you.

I think is not about the company alone. You need to check if your skills are listed in the Tech Nation guide.
Importantly, do you have evidence to show you meet the mandatory and optional Criteria?

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I believe I meet the criteria for “ * Sector-specific experience e.g. payment infrastructure in FinTech / international expansion in EdTech etc.”.

My unit creates, manages and supports the infrastructure payment gateway for the company.

I also read through the mandatory and optional criteria and I also think I can provide evidences for the exceptional promise category.

OK then. Bests of Luck!

1 Like

@Adewunmi_Adesida Please listen to @Francisca_Chiedu, she is one of the few that knows what they are saying on this platform. She has helped countless people on this platform and she is also a moderator.

1 Like

Thanks @sojo It is Ok if she thinks she has the evidence to show she meets the eligibility criteria. Folks who make the best of the forum are people who clearly list their evidence and profile of recommender, that way you can give a more constructive feedback. Asking questions based on job title and company is vague and never productive. In this case, I can only wish her the best in her application.

1 Like

@sojo @Francisca_Chiedu Thank you for the feedback. I have just started gathering all required information, the question wasn’t from a place of “I was ready to go”, secondly I actually appreciate the fact that Francisca mentioned the mandatory and optional requirements which I thought I had, based on the requirements listed in the Tech guide referred to in her comment.
I want to make the best use of this forum as I heard of it just yesterday and I truly appreciate everyone’s contribution to helping others.

1 Like

Just like @Francisca_Chiedu and @sojo mentioned, I will just advise to first strategies on the OC and MC needed. It’s not about the company. Can you show your innovation, are your innovation impactful enough? Do you have pieces of evidence, and metrics to back this up? It’s possible and I know you can do it. But plan well, check through the experts that will recommend you, etc.

2 Likes

Many thanks @Adeyinka_Ojo I will go back and work on all that’s been stated.

Kind regards,

Also, always think of the requirements from the point of evidential materials that would support the claim. If you are applying for business, the question you should be asking is what evidence do I have to present to show for my MC and OC.

As mentioned, @Francisca_Chiedu would be a good resource

1 Like