Eligibility for Global Talent Visa: Long-term Employment with Same Group Company

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question regarding the eligibility for the Global Talent Visa under the Digital Technology category, specifically regarding my employment history.

I’ve been working for the same group company for the past 10 years, during which time I’ve held various positions and gained extensive experience in the digital technology sector. My roles have ranged from lead engineer to software engineering manager, team lead, technical lead, and senior software developer, among others. Throughout my tenure, I’ve been involved in diverse projects and have contributed significantly to the growth and success of the company.

I understand that one of the criteria for the Global Talent Visa is to demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, leadership, or significant contributions in the digital technology sector. My question is, despite having worked for the same group company for a decade, would I still be considered eligible for the visa if I can provide evidence of my contributions from different individuals within the organization?

I have reference letters, performance evaluations, and other supporting documents from various colleagues, supervisors, and stakeholders within the company, attesting to my innovative contributions, leadership abilities, and impact on projects and initiatives.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or advice on whether my employment history with the same group company could potentially affect my eligibility for the Global Talent Visa.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Working for the same company is not an obstacle. I recommend that you start by reading the guide and read it at least 3 times with a break of at least 2 days.

1 Like