Eligibility for Exceptional Promise

Tech Nation Visa

For the Mandatory Criteria

When I checked the guide, I found out that to be eligible for the exceptional promise, I can be a technical applicant from non-technical organisations. I currently work with a solar company as an IT lead, I built the company’s online presence. I built 5 websites for the company including the first-ever virtual university in Nigeria on renewable energy. I have also done more like being the IT lead for the company’s global fellowship program. Will this serve as having the potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology field for the exceptional promise? Also, can it work for mandatory criteria? Although I am also IT lead in 2 other organisations.

For the Optional Criteria

1. How do I demonstrate that I have been recognised for my work outside of my immediate occupation that contributed to the advancement of the sector?

I was invited by a school to give a talk at their teacher’s conference. The talk was on using the internet for effective teaching aid. Over 100 teachers were in attendance and I can get a reference letter from the school. Can this work as one of my optional criteria?

1. How do I demonstrate that I have made significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial contributions to the field as a founder, senior executive, board member or employee of a product-led digital technology company?

In the renewable energy Institute, I work, we created a virtual university for renewable energy. I was the one that shot and edited all the course videos. I also developed and designed the website for the virtual university. I led the Marketing team to get users on the platform and we can boast of over 300 students from Africa. Can this work for the second optional criteria?

For the evidence, can I submit a letter from the company confirming my duties?

For documentation of product design, can I submit a document containing the UI/UX of the site or sorts? Although, I am currently working on an app for the university.

*Letter of reference from event organisers alone are not enough. Accompany it with additional evidence as can be found in the guide.

*On leading marketing for virtual university, - accompany the letter with additional evidence showing the existence of those 300 users.

You can also submit both mobile and web app evidence to show. This can be through githib repo, gitlab, or UI snapshots if you are design only.

Thank you for the information.

For the recommendation letter, can the ICT Director of a University where I studied write it for me. I did some tech projects that have made an impact?

Am not sure speaking in school how much weightage it would be , Technation guideline states it must be high profile digital conference also the viewers you say 100 which might be just sufficient but better to have 200+ on safer side.