Do I get confirmation of submission from the home office?

Hi,

I submitted my application for ‘Exceptional Talent’ on the Tech Nation website earlier today. I got a confirmation email saying that I need to submit the application on the home office website too.

I sent an email to the home office website according to the guidelines a few hours ago, but I haven’t received a confirmation yet.

My questions:

1. The Tech Nation email says that the application will only be processed only after the Home Office confirms submission on their website. Do I get a confirmation email when this happens?

2. From what I understand, the directions for submission on the Home Office website included putting a bunch of details in the subject line of the email, which seems odd to me. The format in which date of birth should be written wasn’t specified, for example. Is this really the way to submit the application to the Home Office?

Hello @mano

Congratulations on your submission. You are not required to send anything via email to Home Office. After filling and submitting your application on TechNation website: , you should also complete your application on the Home Office website.

Yes, you would get a confirmation email after submission.
You can read further by checking the official TechNation Guideline HERE.

Hey @iSlimfit, thanks for your reply.

I had applied on the Home Office website link you sent before I applied for the endorsement. I had to pay £456. Once I did that, I was given a Unique Application Number which I had to use while submitting the application for endorsement. Your link seems to take me back to that part of the application. Or am I misunderstanding something?

To be clear, I haven’t received an endorsement yet - I have just applied for one.

Thanks,
Mano

@mano that’s fine then.

I only explained the steps and the links to use.

All the best for a positive response form TechNation.

So, don’t I need to do anything else?

It’s been more than 1 working day since I submitted on the Tech Nation website, and I still haven’t received an email from the Home Office saying the application is under process.

I did receive an email from Tech Nation saying:

This email confirms that your Tech Nation Visa application has been successfully submitted.

8 Oct 2021 04:37 (UTC)‍

Tech Nation is only able to process your application if the Home Office have informed us that you have also completed your application for endorsement on the Gov.uk website. If you have not done this, please see here.

Once we have this confirmation, we will process your application and inform the Home Office of our recommendation regarding endorsement.

How may I know if the Home Office have informed Tech Nation that the application for endorsement has been completed?

The status on the survey monkey page says submitted.

Thanks in advance…

Hello mano,

After paying 456pounds and submitting your application on the Home Office website, you should receive an email from the home office stating that your application application has been referred to Tech Nation.

When I applied, the home office email went to my spam folder so you may want to check your spam folder.

Thanks

@mano I’m in exactly the same situation as you (almost a week since I submitted my Tech Nation application). My understanding is that we just need to wait for their assessment (I haven’t received endorsement or rejection yet)

After paying 456pounds and submitting your application on the Home Office website, you should receive an email from the home office stating that your application application has been referred to Tech Nation.

I have done this, and them submitted my application at Tech Nation. Once that was done, I received an email (excerpted in a previous message in this thread) asking me to “complete the application for endorsement on the gov.uk website”.

My question is about this part.

The Home Office website had the following instructions:

I sent the email as instructed but there has been no reply after that. So how do I know if my application is under process?

All the best for you endorsement!

I am relieved to know that someone else has the same experience. I’d certainly prefer a confirmation though.

I don’t want to cause undue alarm, but a friend applied for a tourist visa for UK in India, and it has taken weeks beyond normal timelines because of covid related issues. It probably has nothing much to do with the process for GTV, but I am being extra cautious because of that experience.

1 Like

Just FYI, I sent them an email and they confirmed that the application is allocated to an assessor. So I assume yours is also under assessment at the moment :slight_smile: All we need to do now is just wait and see.

That’s great. May i know which email id you enquired at?

I just replied to the email with “Tech Nation is only able to process your application…” (I get this email too), the same email as the one you pasted above.

Got it, I’ll do the same. thanks

that email is sent from [noreply@mail.smapply.net] and i get the following message when i mailed them

Are you sure you didn’t mail anyone else?

1. From what I understand, the directions for submission on the Home Office website included putting a bunch of details in the subject line of the email, which seems odd to me. The format in which date of birth should be written wasn’t specified, for example. Is this really the way to submit the application to the Home Office?

← you mentioned this above, and you must have sent an email to them with a bunch of details in the subject line correct? That email is the one I replied.

Hi

I have applied on 10th and I got an email on 11th from GlobalTalentEndorsements@homeoffice.gov.uk saying that my application was referred to Technation and I should submit Technation application within 15 days if I have not done that already. It came to my SPAM folder and they advised to check SPAM folder for updates because in Gmail it generally goes to SPAM according to them.

Confirming you did nothing after seeing this message because the checklist PDF says to send items to TechNation and NOT to the Home Office. Did this all work or did you learn there was something additional to do? I ask because I’m in the same boat. That message makes it sound like I should now email the Home Office with documents but the checklist PDF says I shouldn’t.

@Gracewoods - I am on the same boat as well.

1. Submitted to Home office - Paid 456 GBP
  2. Submitted to Technation
    Now waiting (third week going on) :slight_smile:
1 Like

You don’t need to send you documents to home office.

1 Like

I just got endorsed after doing exactly those steps and nothing else. In some time I got an email from Home Office (topic line " Application Update"), confirming my endorsement, that’s it.

4 Likes